UOG TOP PICK - Rab Electron Pro Down Jacket - chosen as one of our Top Picks beause it hits a sweet spot balancing overall weight with good quality down, exceptional weather resistance, zoned fill and a good feature-set, all at a reasonable price.
A technical midi-baffled down jacket offering the perfect blend of low weight, warmth and protection for the Alpine climber and mountaineer.
With its zoned baffles, high-loft goose down and ascent-ready feature set, our Electron Pro Jacket makes mountain-grade warmth and protection packable, portable and flexible.
As part of our Ascent range, the Electron Pro Jacket is designed for winter insulation, alpine climbing and year-round mountain use. The lightweight outer is built from 20D Pertex Quantum Pro ripstop nylon with a DWR coating for improved weatherproofing. Zoned midi and micro baffle stitch-through construction helps minimise bulk, eradicate cold spots and increase core warmth. The ethically-sourced 800FP RDS-certified European goose down is treated with a Nikwax® hydrophobic finish for resilient loft retention. Other key features include stretch-panel cuffs, a helmet-compatible hood with stiffened peak and a pair of harness-friendly YKK® zipped hand pockets. With its premium down, advanced fabrics, and active fit, our multifunctional Electron Pro Jacket strikes the ideal balance between warmth, weight and mountain utility.
Rab's Electron Pro Down Jacket is a staple throughout the cold winter months. Able to be used for any cold weather activity due to it's versatility. The Electron Pro delivers a high level of warmth in a sleek fitting design that is not overly bulky. The harness compatible pockets, while engineered for the technical uses of this jacket, do not affect the day to day wearing of this jacket in a casual setting. The inner chest pocket is large enough to cater for any hand held smartphone or GPS device.
The features Rab have gotten right with this jacket really shine through compared with the competition. The low bulk wrist closure system that is part elasticated due to the two panel construction prevents any bunching up under gloves. The adjustment toggle system in the neck area of the hood is now clearly marked and usable while wearing gloves. In addition to the stiffened peak hood, once adjusted correctly, the hood moves in sync with the user providing uninhibited vision even in the worst conditions.
- Reviewed by Ultralight Outdoor Gear
- Pertex Quantum Pro ripstop nylon outer is windproof and water-resistant
- Zoned midi and micro baffle stitch-through construction
- Helmet compatible hood with drawcord adjustment and stiffened peak
- High YKK® zipped hand pockets
- Double ended full length front YKK Natulon zip
- Stretch armhole and adjustable hem w/recycled tape
- Small weighs: 466g
- Medium weighs: 496g
- Large weighs: 522g
- XLarge weighs: 546g
- XXLarge weighs: 576g
- Main Fabric: 20D nylon Pertex Quantum Pro, 40g/m², with DWR
- Lining: Recycled 20D nylon, 38g/m²
- Insulation: 800 fill-power European goose down with Nikwax hydrophobic (water-resistant) finish (190g Size L)
- Composition: 100% polyamide with polyurethane coating and 100% recycled polyamide lining
- Insulation:800FP European Goose Down with Nikwax Hydrophobic Finish (190g, Size L)