A classic, go-anywhere all-around baselayer, made with 100% recycled content. The smooth, soft face makes for easy layering; hollow-core yarns and a diamond-grid back trap warm air, wick moisture and dry fast. HeiQ Fresh durable odor control keeps things fresh.
Our most versatile baselayer: warm, breathable, quick-drying and with HeiQ® Fresh durable odor control for daily use. The Capilene® Midweight Zip-Neck hits the sweet spot between weight, breathability and wicking performance so you can wear this piece alone or under layers to stay dry and comfortable during high-exertion activities in cool-to-cold weather. Capilene Midweight has a smooth face for easy layering, a forgiving stretch that moves with you and an internal diamond-grid pattern that rests lightly on the skin to trap warmth.
The hollow-core yarn construction increases wicking performance and speeds dry times. Treated with HeiQ Fresh durable odor control, which means less washing and longer wearing, and because this zip-neck top is Fair Trade Certified™ sewn, the people who made it earned a premium for their labor. Features include a long center-front zipper for venting, full underarm gussets for unhindered shoulder mobility, elastic thumb loops to cover your hands, flatlock seams to minimize chafing, raglan shoulder seams and offset side seams that lie smoothly beneath pack straps, and a drop tail for better coverage.
Patagonia's Capilene Midweight Zip Neck is a synthetic baselayer with high wicking and fast drying capabilities. It has an athletic fit with offset, flat-locked seams so it is comfortable to wear during high intensity activities for prolonged periods with the zip neck providing options for extra venting. A great trail running, hill walking or mountain biking piece.
The small grid design on the underside of the fabric creates warmth and increases breathability while the smooth finish on the outside provides a slick finish. Elasticated thumb loops and a locker loop for drying are nice additional touches. The thumb loops are more comfortable than many other designs as they have enough stretch when you are moving your arms a lot during activity.
Patagonia have updated this garment by switching to a 100% recycled Polyester fabric. They have also moved their odour protection from Polygiene to HeiQ® Fresh Tech which is considered to be more sustainable.
- Reviewed by Ultralight Outdoor Gear
(Unfortunately, we are unable to ship Patagonia products outside of the European Area (defined as the European Economic Area plus Switzerland and the UK))
- The smooth, soft face makes for easy layering; HeiQ® Fresh Tech durable odor control keeps things fresh; stretch for added comfort and improved fit during movement
- Zip-neck styling with internal neck tape for added comfort; locker loop for hang-drying
- Raglan shoulder seams allow freedom of movement, with full underarm gusset for range of motion and chafe-free comfort
- Fabric’s diamond-grid pattern next to skin provides warmth and breathability and wicks moisture
- Long center-front zipper vents body heat and is backed by kissing welts for low-bulk comfort next to skin
- Elastic thumb loops for secure hand coverage
- Fair Trade Certified™ sewn
- XSmall (UK 08) weighs: 154g
- Small (UK 10) weighs: 166g
- Medium (UK 12) weighs: 180g
- Fit: Slim
- 5.1-oz (147-g) 100% recycled polyester diamond-grid double knit with HeiQ ® Fresh Tech durable odor control.
- Fabric is certified as bluesign ® approved.
- Fair Trade Certified ™ sewn
Help and advice: