MSR's WindBurner is a high efficiency stove system impervious to wind providing a lightweight option that packs small and saves fuel.
MSR says: Combining award-winning Reactor technology with the features travelers need most, the WindBurner Stove System is ideal for backcountry adventures and weekend camping alike. Its radiant burner and enclosed, windproof design allow the stove to boil water fast and operate in weather that leaves conventional burners in the cold.
The integrated cookware with built-in heat exchanger efficiently transfers heat to the lock-on pot so you can enjoy a quick meal or hot drink after a hike, ride or paddle. The all-in-one system nests inside its pot for easy packing and assembly—leaving more time for you to enjoy your adventure.
The WindBurner System uses MSR's Reactor system to deliver maximum heat for fast boil times and is completely impervious to wind. Considering its weight this is a pretty good option even for ultralight backpackers because in order to make a weight comparison you should add in the weight of the comparator stove, a 1.8L pot with lid, a windshield and an eating bowl.
If the WindBurner comes out lighter then you can count as extra benefits its speedy performance, its performance in windy conditions, the weight of fuel you'll not have to carry because of its efficiency and the gas canister stand that makes the whole unit more stable.
The pot has a fabric handle that actually works - not like the one on another leading make - and you can store a gas canister inside the pot with everything else. 1.8L is easily enough for two people, could do 3 at a push.
- Reviewed by Ultralight Outdoor Gear
- Maximum Efficiency: Radiant burner and heat exchanger deliver faster boil times and more fuel efficiency than conventional stoves that use convective heat only.
- Windproof Performance: 100% primary air combustion, enclosed design& internal pressure regulator work together to make stove virtually impervious to outside conditions.
- Compact Design: Conveniently packs the stove burner, 227g) IsoPro fuel canister (sold separately), folding canister stand, and PackTowl inside the 1.8L Pot. Extra full-sized bowl snaps onto the outside.
- Modular Versatility: Customizable system works with optional cookware accessories, including the WindBurner 1.8L accessory pot, hanging kit and coffee press.
- Lid with Drinking and Straining Ports
- Insulated Cozy with Handle
- 1.8L Pot with Heat Exchanger
- Secure Connection with Stove
- Ultra-Efficient Radiant Burner
- Pressure Regulator for Consistent Performance
- Folding Canister Stand
- Download Windburner Stove Instructions [PDF]
- Volume 1.8L
- Pot weighs 282g
- Stove weighs 198g
- Set weighs 566g
- Canister stand weighs 18g
- Bowl weighs 50g
- Lid weighs 18g
- Boil time (MSR IsoPro), 1 liter 4.5 minutes