Ortlieb Water bags are an extremely robust and lightweight alternative to carrying plastic and metal bottles. Perfect for camping and trekking.
The lightweight alternative to plastic or aluminium bottles. The compact Water Bag features straps for fixing to the backpack, and is made of tear-resistant and watertight fabric. Food grade coating on the inside ensures safe transport of your water.
The 4 and 10 litre versions can be easily fixed to branches or vehicles thanks to the two handles being provided with buckles.
Ortlieb Water bags are a lightweight, alternative way to carrying and storing water. They can also be used as a camping shower when used with the shower valve (sold separately). They can be combined with outdoor filters for water purification or used as a hydration system when used with the drinking tube (sold separately).
The Waterbags are available in 2L, 4L and 10L bags. The 2L bag has 1 large handle and the 4L and 10L bags both have 2 large handles with buckles which can be used to hang them on trees, back packs or in tents. When empty, these light but tough water bags may be rolled up, and take up hardly any space in your bag in contrast to bulky containers or bottles. The Water bags are made from tear-resistant and watertight fabric and all come with a drinking valve with a dust protection cap.
- Reviewed by Ultralight Outdoor Gear
- Handy alternative to aluminum or plastic bottles or containers
- Can be rolled or folded into a small package when not used
- Can be used as pillow to sit on or for your head (fill with water or air)
- Ideal as weight balance for paragliding
- Can be used as diving buoy when filled with air
- Only suitable for storage or transport of water
- Do not store water longer than required
- Do not fill with boiling water (maximum temperature 60°C / 140°F)
- Store only absolutely dry with valve completely open when not in use
- Mechanical cleaning with brush and neutral soap
- Can be combined with outdoor hand filters for water purification (e.g. Katadyn, MSR)
- Can be combined with ORTLIEB drinking tube
- 4 and 10 liter models have 2 handles with buckles e.g. for fixation around a branch etc.
- 2 liter version has one handle without buckle
- ATTENTION: Do not expose drinking water too long to the heat. Change the water as often as possible. Fill with water only! Clean the valve regularly!
- The waterbag comes with valve and dustcap.
- Volume 2 Litres, Height 30cm, Length 20cm, Weight 80g
- Volume 4 Litres, Height 38cm, Length 25cm, Weight 130g
- Volume 10 Litres, Height 44cm, Length 36cm, Weight 160g