Therm-a-Rest's Synergy Sleeping Bag Liner is a nice-to-the-touch product that will upgrade your sleeping bag's insulation value as well as keeping it clean, although using a liner makes getting in and out of sleeping bags a bit trickier.
The soft and cozy Synergy™ Sleeping Bag Liner adds warmth, comfort and years of life to any sleeping bag. Contributing up to 5F/3C degrees of warmth to your sleeping system, the soft, stretch-knit polyester also serves as a protective barrier to your expensive sleeping bag’s materials, absorbing the sweat and oils that would otherwise go directly into your bag and decrease its loft. Now, instead of washing and drying your entire bag or allowing that grime to clump up the insulation, all you have to do is remove the liner and toss it in the washing machine.
Any sleeping bag liner will do two things, keep your bag clean and add additional insulation value. Therm-a-Rest's Synergy Sleeping Bag Liner is primarily designed to do the latter, adding about three degrees C to your sleeping bag rating.
One problem with using a liner is that it doesn't have a zip, so it becomes a bit more difficult to get in and out of your bag, sometimes its better just to put more clothes on, especially if you have clothing that you only use for sleeping in.
Having said that this liner is a nice product although the weight is prohibitive for ultralight backpacking.
- Reviewed by Ultralight Outdoor Gear
- Comfort Minded: Lavish stretch-knit fabric and flatlock perimeter seams create a soft “base layer” feel inside your sleeping bag.
- Added Warmth: Adds up to 5F/3C of warmth to your sleeping bag or quilt for nights when you need extra protection from the cold.
- Thoughtfully Shaped: Designed to fit in your favorite mummy bag but still feel roomy for an untangled sleep.
- Clean: Helps prevent dirt and body oils from seeping into your bag, allowing you to wash it less and prolong its life.
- Weight: 405g (excludes storage bag)
- Fits: Up to 6 ft 6 in
- Material: 100% recycled stretch-knit fabric
Help and advice: