Nemo's Switchback Regular Sleeping Mat is designed for those who want a lightweight and foolproof sleeping mat that is still packed with technology including a metalized thermal layer to reflect heat back to your body giving the pad a temperature range of -7C to 2C.
NEMO redefined the classic closed-cell foam sleeping pad to deliver more thickness and plush comfort in an industry-leading packed size. Switchback™ features hexagonal nodes, which are molded with a our dual-density Axiotomic™ foam to create Hypnoelastic™ zones that conform to your body in a perfect balance of comfort and support.
Switchback™ also leverages a metalized thermal film layer to efficiently reflect heat back to your body. Blend that with 15% more heat-trapping space, this new innovative design is able to deliver a warmer, more comfortable sleep than other pads in this category.
Nemo's Switchback Regular Sleeping Mat is designed for those who want a lightweight and foolproof sleeping mat. There are no worries about punctures or inflation with a closed cell foam mat.
The mat offers a surprisingly good level of comfort for it's thinness and with a metalized thermal layer to reflect heat back to your body its has a temperature range of -7C to 2C.
- Reviewed by Ultralight Outdoor Gear
- Highly-efficient, hexagonal nesting pattern allocates more space for taller, wider nodes, providing significantly greater plushness.
- More precise tooling eliminates wasted space between folded layers, enabling taller nodes to nest tighter for a smaller packed size.
- Taller nodes create more space for uncompressed sleeping bag insulation, trapping more warmth around your body.
- Premium dual-density Axiotomic™ foam offers a supple layer for comfort and a resilient layer for support.
- Metalized thermal reflective film reflects heat back to your body and is protected by a durable film.
- Axiotomic™ dual-density foam is optimized for well-balanced compression and abrasion resistance.
- Extremely easy to use, delivers comfort and security on all types of adventures from mountaineering, thru-hiking, or camping on a budget.
- Folding panel design allows for lightning-fast, easy set up and packing.
- Use as a standalone pad for ultralight durability and comfort or pair with another pad for extra insulation and comfort in extreme cold conditions.
- Weight: 418g
- Dimensions: 183 x 51cm
- Thickness: 2cm
- Packed size: 51 x 13 x 14cm
- ASTM R-Value: 1.9
- Temp rating: 20 to 35F / -7 to 2C
- Shape: Rectangular
- Fabric: PE Foam
- Insulation: Closed-cell Foam & Low-Emissivity Film
From 2020, there is a new industry standard for measuring the R-value (level of insulation) of sleeping mats – ASTM F3340-18. This new standard is the sleeping mat equivalent to the EN rating for sleeping bags.
You can now directly compare the R-value of mats rated using the ASTM F3340-18 with confidence that is a fair and accurate comparison between mats. In simple terms, the higher the R-value, the warmer the mat.
In general terms, an R-value below 2.0 is for summer use, 2.0 to 4.0 is for cooler 3 season use and 4.0+ is for winter temperatures. This will be also be dependent on your sleeping bag, how cold you sleep etc. Please contact our customer service team if you need advice on choosing the right mat for your activity.