UOG TOP PICK - Mountainsmith's Slingback Chair - A handy compact chair - We've singled out Mountainsmith's Slingback Chair as one of our top recommendations because it's a great option for those who want a comfortable chair with back support and already use trekking poles on there hikes. It's compact, lightweight and has a very reasonable price tag for a minimalist backcountry lounger.
A very clever piece of kit that utilises trekking poles to support your weight so you can lean back and relax.
Kick back and relax in this ultralight seat that sets up with two trekking poles. Who said you can’t bring your recliner into the backcountry?
Inspired by Mountainsmith Founder Patrick Smith and one of his original 1980s designs, the Slingback Chair is a light, packable backcountry lounge chair for added comfort around the fire. It weighs less than 5 oz and is compatible with most telescoping trekking poles.
Mountainsmith's Slingback Chair is a pretty ingenious design that actually works well, it takes a few times to get the hang of getting in, but once you've got it that's it. Perfect for anyone who already uses trekking poles as a lightweight addition to your gear to get a seat you can actually sit back and relax in.
We'd pair it up with a foam sit mat. Whilst the fabric on the chair is waterproof, it's not insulated, so your bum might get cold pretty quickly without using a foam sit mat.
- Reviewed by Ultralight Outdoor Gear
- Minimalist backcountry lounger
- Sets up with two telescoping Mountainsmith trekking poles (recommended: Tellurite 7075 OLS)
- Rolls up into own storage pouch
- User's body weight supports the chair
- Compatible with most telescoping trekking poles with either internal or external adjustment mechanisms (minimum height: 24”-30”)
- Weight: 144g
- Dimensions: 101 x 38cm
- Pack size: 38 x 14 x 2cm
- Materials: 610d HP CORDURA®