Helinox's TL120 Adjustable Trekking poles use a twist lock section to vary the length of the pole for varying ascents and descents.
Sold as a pair.
Helinox Passport Trekking poles have been my favourite pole for quite a while now - chiefly because they pack away so neatly and yet are a very tough pole - they seem to be significantly stronger than some other 'lightweight' poles out there.
2014 sees the introduction of the TLA, which is an adjustable version of my favourite pole, using a twist lock arrangement on the top section of the pole they can be adjusted from 110 to 120cm, yet still pack down to 35cm. This is a good innovation that adds about 22grams to the weight of each pole - so its not onerous. If you like to adjust the length of your poles to suit the terrain these new Passport poles give you access to some quality technology.
Aside from my 'waxing lyrical' the Passport poles have a nice `slim´ grip that works well. The hand loops adjust easily, which is not the same as some other poles where you sometimes struggle to slacken them off - in fact the adjustment may be a bít too easy as the straps loosen on a regular basis - however I find this fine because they can be adjusted back easily.
A great adjustable trekking pole that packs up really neatly.
- Reviewed by Ultralight Outdoor Gear
For a wider range of Helinox products visit our sister website Basecamp Gear
- Super strength of exclusive DAC TH72M alloy - the world’s best.
- Ultra lightweight for best performance.
- Simplest one press button operation with twist lock length adjustment
- Quality foam grips with 'wicking' wrist straps.
- Solidly mounted tungsten carbide tips.
- Rubber tip covers supplied - suited for pavement use.
- Extremely compact for stowing - ideal for walkers who travel.
- The simplest, lightest and most compact walking pole.
- Tension lock (TL) mechanism secures 'folding' sections together
- Internal cord is tensioned as upper section is extended
- Single button lock secures cord tension
- Pole sections are physically 'stacked' in series for immense strength
- Button is depressed for instant tension release to fold and compact
- Helinox 5 year warranty
- Weight: 190g per pole
- Pole length: 110-120cm
- Packed size: 35cm
- Sold as a Pair