Kahtoola Nanospikes use tiny spikes to give traction on unyielding surfaces such as roads and pavements. Easy on/off rubber rand.
Mile after mile, NANOspikes® footwear traction provides unrivaled comfort, grip and performance when running on icy streets, roads, and sidewalks. Ten extremely wear-resistant tungsten carbide spikes per foot bite into frozen surfaces and highly durable dual-compound TPU traction plates feature specialized inserts that disburse impact forces. NANOspikes® also allow users to safely transition between dry and slippery pavement without affecting the natural running motion, providing the high performance road runners demand so they can train and stay outside all year round.
Kahtoola's Nanospikes Footwear Traction devices are designed for running on roads and pavements that can easily ice up in the winter. They are easy to slip on to any footwear, including running shoes. The spikes are tiny which makes them ideal for moving on unyielding surfaces such as tarmac or pavement, but not good for off road use - for off road running you should look at their other products.
- Reviewed by Ultralight Outdoor Gear
- Spike Design - Made from tungsten carbide, each spike is extremely wear-resistant for use on pavement without affecting foot strike, and is held in place with a lightweight aluminum anchor, while a surrounding TPU cleat provides added traction and shock absorption.
- Reinforced Eyelets - Reinforced using durable TPU inserts to ensure longevity, each patented eyelet allows the elastomer bands to be lighter and stronger, preventing tearing along the harness and at connection points.
- Traction Plates - Upward-facing traction ensures NANOspikes stay in place against footwear.
- Dual Compound - Using TPU construction, a softer compound provides wear-resistance, flexibility and aides in snow release, while a harder compound near the spikes disperses force against the shoe’s sole. Toe Bale - Highly flexible with recessed connection points, the toe bale secures the foot’s position at the front of the shoe for added comfort, preventing the toe from pushing through the front of the elastomer harness.
- Raised Heal Tab - Allows for easy pull-back and removal.
- Elastomer Harness - Low-profile, extremely durable and ergonomically shaped, the elastomer bands are constructed from TPE for a secure fit and remain stretchy down to -30°F.
- Best Use: Road running, walking
- Terrain: City streets and sidewalks
- Conditions: Ice, hard-packed snow
- Footwear: Road running shoes
- 10 spikes per foot
- 0.21-inch spike length (5.33 cm)
- Spike Material: Tungsten Carbide
- Approx Pack Size: 14 x 10 x 6cm
- Tote sack included
- 2 year warranty
- Small pair weighs: 215g
- Medium pair weighs: 232g
- Large pair weighs: 236g
Please see images for NANOspikes sizing information
Help and advice: