Jump to: Our Verdict / Features / Specifications
Kahtoola's MICROspikes are quickly and easily fitted to any footwear and deliver good traction on ice and compacted snow.
Lighter and tougher, the new MICROspikes deliver unrivaled traction on icy winter trails. With stainless steel spikes and welded chains tough enough to handle any adventure, they are now designed with an integrated toe bale and reinforced eyelets, allowing for a 50% lower profile elastomer harness.
Kahtoola's Microspikes Lightweight Trail Crampons can be fitted to any footwear because of the chain link construction and stretch fit rubber rand. The crampon points are quite short but deal well with icy patches encountered on the trail whether running or hiking, not only this they are lightweight for carrying and easily put on and taken off.
- Reviewed by Ultralight Outdoor Gear
- Spike Design - Twelve spikes per foot, each made from heat-treated stainless steel, are durable and corrosion resistant, while an independent layout allows them to move naturally with the foot and prevents snow from building up.
- Welded Chains - Chains are welded from stainless steel to ensure a long life and reliable performance, have a clean and more finished look, and provide added flexibility, durability and traction.
- Reinforced Eyelets - Reinforced using durable TPU inserts to ensure longevity, each patented eyelet allows the elastomer bands to be lighter and stronger, preventing tearing along the harness and at connection points.
- Toe Bale - Integrated into the harness with recessed connection points, the toe bale secures the foot’s position at the front of the shoe, preventing the toe from pushing through the front of the elastomer harness.
- Raised Heal Tab - Allows for easy pull-back and removal.
- Elastomer Harness - Low-profile, extremely durable and ergonomically shaped, the elastomer bands are constructed from TPE for a secure fit and remain stretchy down to -30°F.
- 1cm Spike length
- 12 Spikes per foot on size Small-XLarge
- Spike Material; Heat Treated 400 Series Stainless Steel
- Approx pack size: 12.5 x 13 x 6cm
- Small pair weighs 344g
- Medium pair weighs 394g
- Large pair weighs 450g
- 2 year warranty
MICROSPIKES TRACTION SIZING: When using with HIKING BOOTS and APPROACH SHOES
- SM: UK 3.5-6 / EU 37-40
- MED: UK 6-10 / EU 40-44
- LG: UK 10-13 / EU 44-47
- XL: UK 13-15 / EU 47-49
MICROSPIKES TRACTION SIZING: When using with INSULATED BOOTS
- MED: UK 5-7.5 / EU 39-41
- LG: UK 7.5-10 / EU 41-44
- XL: UK 10-12.5 / EU 44-47
Help and advice: