The best warmth for weight jacket Patagonia's built so far, the Micro Puff Jacket delivers ultralightweight, water-resistant, down-like warmth with PlumaFill Insulation Type—a revolutionary featherlight down alternative.
It’s like down, only better—our Micro Puff Jacket uses a revolutionary, feather-soft Insulation Type with an unprecedented warmth-to-weight ratio. The groundbreaking PlumaFill insulation (65-g 100% polyester) is phenomenally light and compressible, offering down-level warmth that still traps your heat when it’s wet. A nylon ripstop Pertex Quantum shell, with a DWR (durable water repellent) finish, blocks wind and snow. The garment’s design maximizes performance and minimizes useless fluff. Features: zippered handwarmer pockets (the left pocket doubles as a stuffsack with a reinforced carabiner clip-in loop), a pair of sleek internal drop-in pockets (made without excess, using the backside of the handwarmer pocket bags), and elasticized cuffs and hem.
Patagonia's Micro Puff Jacket is the lightest jacket in our Insulation Type range. Patagonia boast that their unique PlumaFill insulation has a warmer warmth to weight ratio than down. It's hard to argue either way when the jackets are so light but the Micro Puff definitely heats up quickly and effectively.
The PlumaFill insulation is Patagonia's masterpiece in Insulation Type. Everyone is trying to replicate the warmth and weight of down while reducing the negatives associated with its performance, particularly when wet. The insulation is unique in that it is the most compressible insulated jacket Patagonia produce, along with a unique construction that prevents shifting, clumping and cold spots. The loft retention and water resistance last for life of the jacket and with Patagonia's excellent background of durability and repairing kit you can be assured this jacket will last.
The stitch design that keeps the PlumaFill in place is also an nice aesthetic feature. In addition to the super-light insulation, the outer fabric is high quality Pertex Quantum which gives it a lightweight but durable finish. The overall weight of the jacket is further reduced through the use of elasticated hem and cuffs. Two zip hand pockets are a good size and they double up as internal drop pockets giving additional space.
- Reviewed by Ultralight Outdoor Gear
(Unfortunately, we are unable to ship Patagonia products outside of the European Area (defined as the European Economic Area plus Switzerland and the UK))
- Ultralight nylon ripstop Pertex Quantum shell is water-resistant, windproof and treated with a DWR (durable water repellent) finish
- Revolutionary PlumaFill insulation replicates the structure of down in a continuous Insulation Type material, offering the warmth and packability of down but with the warm-when-wet performance of Insulation Type
- Innovative quilting construction complements the insulation by stabilizing and maximizing the loft of the PlumaFill strands with minimal stitching
- Center-front zipper has wicking interior storm flap and zipper garage at chin for next-to-skin comfort
- Two welted zippered handwarmer pockets; left pocket doubles as a stuffsack with a reinforced carabiner clip-in loop
- Elasticized cuffs and hem seal in warmth
- Shell and lining: 0.7-oz 10-denier 100% nylon ripstop Pertex Quantum® with a DWR (durable waterproof repellent) finish.
- Insulation: 65-g PlumaFill 100% polyester
- Small weighs: 222g
- Medium weighs: 224g
- Large weighs: 240g
- XLarge weighs: 266g
- XXLarge weighs: 268g
Help and advice: