Extremities Gore-Tex Tay Ankle Gaiters sit mid-way between a short ankle gaiter and a full length one, giving almost as much protection as full length but with a weight saving.
Extremities says: Short GORE-TEX gaiter for fully waterproof protection. With durable underfoot straps and elasticated grip around the ankle to hold in place. The gaiters have a front velcro fastening making them easy to get on and off.
Extremities' Tay Ankle Gaiters seem to be a bit longer than other ankle gaiters so they will be suitable for bigger boots or customers who want something midway between a very short gaiter and full length. With Velcro closure at the front they are easy on and off and the hypalon instep strap is easily adjusted with a buckle arrangement.
If you're like me you find that full length gaiters fall down your legs anyway and can be irritating - with the Tay gaiters you can solve this problem, have almost as much protection and save a bit of weight.
- Reviewed by Ultralight Outdoor Gear
- Extremities performance type: Waterproof
- Hardwearing lower part of gaiter
- Durable underfoot straps
- Velcro front closure
- Reflective detail on front closure
- Elasticated drawcord at top of gaiter
- 3 layer GORE-TEX upper which is waterproof and breathable
- 50% Polyamide (Nylon )/ 50% Polyester
- Small/Medium UK size 3-8, pair weighs 183g
- Large/XLarge UK size 9-13, pair weighs 193g