The Fastpack range is designed for versatility. They work as well for ultra races, multi-day mountain marathons, fast and light adventures or just day trips out. Loads of storage options, a good capacity and a close, comfortable fit.
Ultimate Direction says
This lightweight Fastpack allows you to move fast in the backcountry with a durable design that checks all the feature boxes. True to our roots, it uniquely fits like a vest with water bottles up front, but distributes weight like a pack. We gave it an upgrade with Infiknit™ and FastFlow technology to increase the backpanel's breathability and moisture wicking. This do-it-all pack also has plenty of dedicated external storage, a roll-top opening and a full-side external zipper for easy to anything inside. A favourite for moving fast and light in the backcountry or on the trail.
Ultimate Direction's Fastpack 20 builds on the success of the original Fastpack series with an upgrade on the back panel. This new version uses the hugely popular combination of Infiknit and FastFlow to deliver a highly breathable mesh back panel that increases comfort and allows sweat to move away from the body while the stretch mesh material is softer, stretchier and lighter than the originals. There is one main compartment with a roll top closure, a large external pocket with a zip and a large stretch mesh pocket for keeping all of your kit safe and organised. This 20L pack also has a large two-way zip opening down the side of the main compartment for easy access.
The capacity is actually 23.4L which allows you to pack plenty of kit. Add into the mix the emergency whistle attached to every pack, there are options to stow two 500ml soft flasks, numerous range of drop, Velcro closure and zip pockets not to mention compression options make this is a seriously impressive package. This pack is light enough and versatile enough to work as an ultra running or mountain marathon pack or just for your usual fast and light adventures.
- Reviewed by Ultralight Outdoor Gear
- Large front storage for water, phone, maps, glasses, or food
- Unique zip-down main compartment for total access to gear
- Roll-top closure expands or compresses to secure varying capacities
- Large external stretch mesh pockets for quick access
- Sliding rail sternum straps
- Height adjustable T-hook harness for weight distribution
- Easy access pocket with keyfob
- MonoRip Mesh is very strong, but extremely breathable
- Daisy chains for securing extra gear
- Two large side pockets for larger water vessels
- Small/Medium weighs: 640g
- Medium/Large weighs: 654g
- Volume: 23.4 L / 1428 in3
- S/M: 25" - 40" / 64 cm - 102 cm
- M/L: 30" - 48" / 76 cm - 122 cm
- Measure wearing the clothes you intend to wear
- A pack full of gear will fit smaller
- Measure at bottom of ribs
Help & advice: