UOG TOP PICK -Exos Pro 55 Rucksack We’ve singled the Exos Pro out as one of our top picks, this incredibly lightweight bag combines advanced materials, industry-leading technology, and design features from two of Osprey’s most popular bags, Exos and the Levity ; the result is a bag packed with features, built with thru-hikers and minimalist in mind.
Introducing our newest ultralight thru-hiking backpack. Shaving almost one pound from the weight of our successful Exos/Eja Series and featuring a more fine-tuned adjustment system— the Exos/Eja Pro is the best thru-hiking pack we’ve built that’s intended for lighter loads. Offering category leading comfort, advanced strippability and highly ventilated AirSpeed suspension in one volume with a removable lid for all thru-hikers
Though this bag takes after its namesake, the Osprey Exos, the Exos pro draws much of its inspiration from the Osprey's minimalist Levity range. It improves on its predecessor in its usability and feature set, making this a more enjoyable bag to use on the trail.
Unlike the Levity, Osprey has made a lot more use of its vast side pockets; both are easily big enough to accommodate most two-person shelters and are constructed from a stretchy mesh, helping keep your gear securely in place and making reaching for a water bottle or stashed wind shell much easier, especially if you have the bag on
The large front panel, perfect for storing wet weather gear, has added mesh panels; this, in conjunction with the pack's numerous compression straps, makes the bag feel far more "streamlined" and less bulky on your back. The bag has many adjustment points and compression straps to "fine-tune" the load to the individual; most notably, the bag can be adjusted to different back lengths, a feature often omitted from bags in this weight category.
Hip belt pockets (not included on the Levity) return, easy-to-access storage is always welcome as far as I'm concerned, though the lid of the bag can be removed, so additional weight and storage can be removed if you wish.
Osprey's famous trampoline-like Airspeed suspension distributes weight well across your back and promotes good airflow, keeping you cool when working hard.
Day in and day out on the trail, this is one of the most user-friendly and supportive packs I have used, a step up in quality from Osprey, and a game changer for the long-distance walking and thru-hiking community.
- Reviewed by Ultralight Outdoor Gear
- AIRSPEED ™ SUSPENSION A tensioned mesh backpanel keeps the weight off your back, enabling highly ventilated carrying comfort
- VOLUME FLEXIBILITY Compression straps and removable lid allow for functional capacity adjustment.
- ULTRALIGHTWEIGHT DESIGN Lightweight fabrics deliver durable performance.
- REMOVABLE LID Pack sheds 81 g / 2.8 oz. when lid is removed. FlapJacket secures the main compartment access providing weather protection when lid isn’t used
- Removable, floating single compartment top lid with key clip
- Four webbing lash points on top lid
- FlapJacket secures main compartment access and provides weather protection when lid isn’t used. Removing top lid reduces carry
capacity by 9 L and weight by 81 g
- Internal hydration sleeve with centre back hose port and Osprey Hydraclip for easier reservoir hanging
- Internal compression strap keeps loads stable
- Large front fabric compression pocket with stretch side panels accommodates overloads
- Multiple front panel lash points for securing extra gear
- Lower side compression straps designed to capture sleeping pad on front panel
- Deep, dual access stretch mesh side pockets
- Dual ice axe loops with handle capture by upper compression straps
- Weight: 947g
- Weight With Lid Removed: 866 g
- Litres: 55L
- Dimensions: 28.4h x 15w x 12.2d in / 72h x 38w x 31d cm.
- Load Range: 5-18 kg.
- Back Measurements: 43 – 50.5 cm 17 – 20 inch
- Weight: 1122g
- Weight With Lid Removed: 1041g
- Litres: 55L
- Dimensions: 30.3h x 15w x 12.2d in. / 77h x 38w x 31d cm.
- Load Range: 5-18 kg.
- Back Measurements: 48 – 58.5 cm 19 – 23 inch L/XL
Material & Construction
- MAIN: NanoFly™ 100D nylon x 200D UHMWPE, PFAS-free DWR
- ACCENT: bluesign ® approved 210D high tenacity nylon, PFAS-free DWR
- BOT-bluesign ® approved NanoFly 100D Nylon x 200D UHMWPE, PFAS-free DWR
- bluesign ® approved main body fabrics
- PFAS-free DWR
ULTRALIGHT AIRSPEED SUSPENSION
- Ultralight AirSpeed Suspension
- Lightweight injection-molded ladder provides 4” of torso adjustability
- 3.5 mm powder-coated LightWire framebalances support and dynamic flex
- 3D-tensioned breathable mesh backpanel ensures supportive fit
- Silicone print on lumbar fabric enhances hipbelt grip
- Shoulder straps combine reverse spacer mesh, die cut EVA foam and a unique structured 3D mesh to deliver excellent support and ventilation
- Ventilated mesh yoke evenly distributes load for comfort while maintaining breathability
- 15 mm adjustable slide sternum strap with rescue whistle
- EVA foam padded hipbelt offers dynamic stretch for a secure, dynamic fit
- Zippered pocket provides secure storage
- Open pocket provides quick access to stow snacks, wrappers, etc