These are slim-fitting, functional cold-weather hiking and scrambling pant; these are super functional, well-fitting mountain trousers.
Designed with lightweight mountaineering and ski-touring in mind, the Dynamic XT Pants are constructed using stretch, weather resistant fabric which has a tough CORDURA® face and a warm, brushed backer. With an ultra slim fit these pants are cut to allow excellent freedom of movement for fast moving mountaineers and ski-tourers.
These are softshell trousers built with the cooler months in mind. The Dynamic XTs are made from durable MALA Thermal, a four-way stretch material that is a highly breathable fabric with a brush fleece backer. The brush-backed fleeces are one of my features of these trousers; its soft and cosy and add a good layer of insulation. They have been treated with a durable DWR so that water will bead off them; this doesn't make the trouser waterproof but does add a level of protection.
I'm happy to say that the Dynamic XT’s feature ventilation zips on the thighs; my last few hiking trousers have had these, and I've been spoilt; ill only hike in pants that have them now. Being able to dump heat when you are working hard quickly is now a must for me.
Though Montanre classes these as winter trousers, I get 3 season use out of these (thanks to the Venelaton zips), especially for multi-day trips in spring and summer. These are my go-to pants; I know they will shrug off wet weather; they are hardwearing and breathable, it's hard to fault them.
- Reviewed by Ultralight Outdoor Gear
- Fly opening with button closure
- Belt loops (belt not supplied)
- Two mesh lined hand pockets with YKK zips
- Zipped thigh pocket
- Mesh lined thigh vents with YKK zips
- Articulated knees for ease of movement
- Zipped ankle gussets for ski tour compatibility
- Small (30" waist) weighs: 516g
- Medium (32" waist) weighs: 540g
- Large (34" waist) weighs: 543g
- XLarge (36" waist) weighs: 568g
Material & Construction
- MALA Thermal with CORDURA® and DWR
- SCHOELLER® KEPROTEC® KEVLAR® insteps