The DD Hammocks Amsteel 2.5mm is a super light and extra strong cord that can be used for a wide range of activities from camping to kayaking. You can even use it to make your own lightweight hammock suspension system.
DD Hammocks says
Amsteel (Dyneema cord) is great for a range of purposes such as hammock camping and kayaking, but perhaps most widely known for its use in making whoopie slings – a lightweight hammock suspension solution.
We stock pre-made Whoopie Slings – however if you're interested in making your own or would like amsteel for another purpose, then you can purchase it here by the metre. This rope is as strong as wire but a fraction of the weight, and is also very resistant to abrasion.
- Reviewed by Ultralight Outdoor Gear
- Dark grey 2.5mm Amsteel cord: purchase by the metre
- If made into whoopie slings, is compatible with all DD hammocks – weight limit 125kg
- Weight: 5g per metre
- Size: 1m long, 2.5mm diameter
- Colour: Grey
- Weight limit: 125kg
- Store in a cool, dry, dark place
- Always ensure your gear (including any cordage) is completely dry before storing away
- Avoid prolonged exposure to extreme temperatures (above 40C and below -15C), and keep your gear at least a 2m distance from flames
- Do not machine wash. Clean carefully by hand only, using lukewarm water
- Prolonged exposure to strong UV light can cause material to weaken (UV degradation is excluded from warranty)