We're working out what we think - we'll add our view here!
The Alpine Light Down Series is our highly functional mid-layer for comfortable backcountry activities. The secret to the warmth of these garments not only relies on the high lofting 800 Fill Power EX Down, but the inherent wind shedding ability of the 20-denier Ballistic Nylon shell.
We're working out what we think about Montbell's Alpine Light Down Parka, we'll add our comments here in due course.
- Reviewed by Ultralight Outdoor Gear
(Unfortunately, we are unable to ship MontBell products outside of the UK)
- Sewn Through Construction keeps down insulation in place while lightening the weight
- Downproofing helps keep down from escaping through the face fabric
- 2-Way Adjustable Hood offers a close-fit and visibility
- Micro-fleece lined collar provides an additional warmth around the neck
- Zip End Guard protects your chin and face
- Water Repellent Zipper helps keep water out
- Pocket Hem Adjuster allows for cinching the hem while helping keep out chill air
- Elastic cuffs prevent cold air from entering
- 4 pockets (2 zippered fleece lined pockets, 2 internal drop-in pockets)
- Stuff sack included
- Small weighs: 389g
- Medium weighs: 400g
- Large weighs: 420g
- XLarge weighs: 436g
- Centre back length: 70.5 cm / 27.8 in
- Compressed size: 14 x 23 cm / 5.5 x 9.1 in
Material & Construction
- Fill weight: 135g
- Insulation: 800 Fill Power EX Down
- Outer: 20-denier Ballistic nylon ripstop (water repellent finish)
- Lining: 20-denier Ballistic nylon taffeta
At Montbell, we source down from both the European and Asian markets to satisfy a variety of characteristics (supply/availability, low cost, consistent quality, humane practices, etc.) and maintain our lofty standards. Every season we seek to balance the superior quality for which we are known and the lowest possible raw materials cost. We change down sourcing companies frequently to insure that our customers have access to superior products at the lowest price possible. In the course of these efforts, Montbell never purchases down from operations that practice “live-plucking” methods. We only utilize down plumes and feathers collected as a by-product of water fowl raised to meet the demands of the food industry.
We will continue to look for sources of down that maximize value to our customers and allow Montbell products to perform at the highest level.