UOG TOP PICK - Abisko Lite Fleece This lightweight fleece is compact and can be easily stored away when not in use. It is my preferred type of fleece for most outdoor activities, especially hiking and camping. It is not a technical fit, so it has more room and give. As a general-purpose mid-layer it’s one of our favourites and a top picks.
Light and comfortable fleece sweater with a half-length zipper – Abisko Lite Fleece Half Zip M is great to wear as a first or mid layer in warm climates. It is made from recycled polyester that trans- ports moisture away from the body and dries fast. Regular fit with discreet thumbholes in the cuffs.
A fleece will always be my go-to mid-layer, and I'm a big fan of this one! The 100% recycled polyester has a grid-like surface that helps moisture move away from the body and keeps you cosy and comfortable in cooler conditions, especially when used with an outer shell.
The half-length zip also helps regulate heat. The Abisko Lite Fleece even has thumb loops!
It looks great, so you’ll get plenty of use from them off and on the trail.
I usually take a medium in Fjallraven clothing and see no reason to advise sizing up or down with this fleece.
- Reviewed by Ultralight Outdoor Gear
- Fjallraven Abisko Lite Half Zip Fleece Review - “An extremely versatile mid-layer equally at home on a Munro summit or in the pub”
- Light and comfortable fleece sweater with half-length zipper.
- Great as mid layer, or a first layer in warmer climates.
- Made from recycled polyester that transports away moisture and dries fast.
- Construction of fabric helps to retain heat, transport moisture & increase breathability.
- Discreet thumbholes integrated into cuffs.
- Fabric CO2 dyed.
- Regular fit.
- Small weighs: 268g
- Medium weighs: 273g
- Large weighs: 280g
- XLarge weighs: 292g
Material & Construction
- Fit: Regular
- 100% polyester