A robust and protective, breathable bivi, providing minimalist refuge from any storm. Featuring waterproof fabric and a spacious design to accommodate bulky clothing or large sleeping bags, the Storm Bivi is designed for use in all conditions.
Providing a protective shield from rough weather, the Storm Bivi is suitable for mountaineering, bikepacking, and multi-day treks. Ideal for those travelling light with minimal capacity.
Built with two weights of tough nylon and finished with a fluorocarbon-free DWR the Storm Bivi stands up to rigorous use and unpredictable conditions. Fully waterproof with a tough 70D base, it is resilient, hardwearing and highly protective. It has a zipped main entry with breathable mesh panel for added venting, helping to minimise condensation. At 547g and packing down to 25cm x 12cm, it’s easy to stash in a pack for those who get out in all conditions.
Rab's 2022 Storm Bivi has a burly 70D floor making it especially suitable for rocky pitches. We like the large opening and airflow is addressed by a mesh strip running around it which is protected from the elements by a deep flap.
The waterproof and breathability ratings are reasonable but not as good as some fabrics, such as Gore-tex or AscentShell (used in Outdoor Research bivys) so you'll find a bit more condensation by the morning.
The Storm bivy is quite weighty at 572grams but this reflects the heavier groundsheet and 3D construction which allows thicker sleeping bags to be used with ease.
- Reviewed by Ultralight Outdoor Gear
- Lightweight and breathable waterproof ripstop nylon fabrics
- 10,000mm Hydrostatic Head
- MVTR 10,000 g/m2/24h
- 3-dimensional construction to accomodate larger sleeping bags
- Zipped main entry with breathable mesh panel for venting
- Outer: 100% polyamide with polyurethane coating
- Our weight: 572g
- Length: 230cm
- Shoulder Width: 80cm
- Packed size: 25cm x 12cm
Material & Construction
- Top: 40D ripstop nylon with PU coating (108gsm) with fluorocarbon-free DWR HH: 10000mm MVTR: 10000g/m2/24 hrs
- Base: 70D nylon with PU coated back (160gsm) 10,000mm HH with Fluorocarbon free DWR