UOG TOP PICK - Helium Bivy -The Famous helium bivvy has had a bit of a facelift, updated with more lightweight and durable materials. It’s an absolute classic in the outdoor world. Every incarnation just gets better, on of our top picks
Outdoor Research says
Award-winning for its ultralight prowess, updated with our most durable lightweight Helium fabric with Diamond Fuse technology. This clamshell opening bivy is ideal for fast and light missions. The tapered shape of the Helium Bivy works best with tapered shape sleeping pads with narrower dimensions at the foot, ideally 19” or narrower.
The Helium Bivy is our lightest, best-selling, and most awarded bivy sack of all time. Incredibly quick to set up and breakdown, the ultralight Helium Bivy is 14% lighter than its last generation, and has everything the outdoor minimalist needs to be comfortable. Thru-hikers and bikepackers love the Helium for its refined footprint and reduced weight, and trust it for its durable, lightweight, waterproof Pertex® Diamond Fuse technology. A clamshell opening makes it easy to get in, get out, and resists wear and tear for future seasons of adventuring to come. This is the ideal shelter for minimalists who are looking to trade weight for speed, agility, and performance.
Almost as famous in the outdoor world as A.W, the helium bivvy has been updated. 14% lighter than its last incarnation, the incredibly packable and lightweight bivvy is just as easy to set up as previous, and still just as waterproof and as hard wearing. The hoop which also incorporates a fly mesh to keep the beasties at bay, gives far more room than you first think, room to move around, and even read a book. Not just for minimalist hikers wanting to keep weight down, but equally good for bikepackers.
- Reviewed by Ultralight Outdoor Gear
- Fully Seam-Taped
- No-See-Um Mesh
- Single-Pole System
- Reflective Logo and Trims
- Two Stake Loops
- One Guy Line Loop
- High Volume Toe End
- Clamshell Opening, Two Internal Fly Fasteners
- Weight with pole: 484g (excludes bag)
- Weight without pole: 432g (excludes bag)
- Top of bivy (width): 26"/ 66cm
- Foot of bivy (width): 19"/ 48cm
- Length: 82" / 208cm
- Top of bivy height: 19 3/4
- Packed dimensions: 12.25" x 3.5" (31cm x 9cm)
Material & Construction
- bluesign® approved Pertex® Shield Diamond Fuse 2.5L 100% Nylon, 30D Ripstop Upper.
- 100% Nylon, 40D with TPU lamination floor, bluesign® approved 100% Polyester Mesh
Help and advice: