An ideal bivy for tropical environments and warm weather adventures where insects stop you from having the full outdoor experience. A waterproof floor and full coverage from insects.
Outdoor Research says
The Bug Bivy provides complete insect protection through the night. A single pole holds the mesh away from your face, keeping the bugs at a distance, while the zipper opening seals out mosquitoes and other small insects. A waterproof floor keeps the moist ground from soaking through your bag.
Outdoor Research's Bug Bivy is designed to keep the bugs out while allowing you to experience a full outdoors adventure. Obviously, there is no protection from rain so this is ideally suited to tropical climates and warm conditions where you a pretty certain it will stay dry all night. The waterproof floor adds a good layer of protection and works well to stop any moisture getting to your sleep system from the ground.
This bivy has ben used on balmy summer trips in the Lakes and in Scotland where midges are the main problem. The No-See-Um Mesh does a great job of keeping everything out and you only have to worry about insects when entering and exiting the bivy. The bivy itself has straps to keep your sleeping mat in place, loops to stake it out, along with a couple of guy line loops to keep the single pole design upright and out of your face through the night. A simple but really effective design for dry, summer conditions.
- Reviewed by Ultralight Outdoor Gear
- Fabric Performance: Breathable, Durable, No-See-Um Mesh, Hydroseal® Floor, Waterproof Floor, Seam-Taped Floor
- Design Features: Sleeping Pad Straps, Three Stake Loops, Two Guy Line Loops, Internal Mesh Pocket
- Functional Details: Delrin® Single-Pole System
- Weight with pole: 464g (excludes bag)
- Weight without pole: 412g
- Length: 89in
- Width: 26in (widest), 21in (narrowest)
- Height: 16 7/8in (highest), 10 7/8in (lowest)
- Fabric: 100% polyester, mesh upper 2L, 100% nylon, plain weave taffeta floor