A cold weather base layer that excels as a warm weather mid-layer, the MTN Guide LS Half Zip is a versatile layer you will get all year use from.
The MTN Guide LS HZ provides adaptive natural warmth and next to skin comfort that performs in warm and cold conditions.
This is a fantastic multi-purpose layer; in the winter, it’s an incredibly soft next-to-skin baselayer that keeps you warm and well-ventilated. In the summer, it’s an adaptable mid-layer, capable of quickly ventilating heat and regulating moisture.
The MTN Guide LS utilises Polartec’s power wool, a fast-drying, quick-wicking, polyester and wool blend that is highly breathable and antimicrobial, so you will stay smelling (relatively) fresh.
I like using this top as a baseliner, but I have got the majority of use as a fleece replacement. It’s so breathable and lightweight with a close, unrestrictive fit. The turtle neck keeps the heat in when it’s cold, yet when you need to ventilate heat the deep half zip opens up the layer, quickly venting heat.
This is a fabulous price for such a versatile layer.
- Reviewed by Ultralight Outdoor Gear
- Polartec® Power Wool™ - a revolutionary, bi-component knitted fabric combining natural and synthetic fibres: Improving next-to-skin performance by providing optimal warmth and greater comfort, with excellent moisture transfer and durability.
- Deep half zip – functional venting allows rapid heat dumpin
- Naturally odour reducing - antimicrobial merino wool base of Power Wool™ means you will stay fresher for longer.
- Strategically placed Flatlock seams – low-profile reduces chafing and enhances comfort.
- Gusseted design – removing underarm seams means ultra layering comfort.
- Shape retention – synthetic and natural fibre blend construction removes the pitfalls of pure merino pieces and will keep its shape for longer.
- Reflective detailing - improved visibility & safety in poor conditions.
- Main fabric is OEKO-TEX® Standard 100.
- All materials are PFC free.
- Supported by Repairhaus.
- Product weight is 160g (Size UK M).
- Small weighs: 148 g
- Medium weighs: 162g
- Large weighs: 178g
- XLarge weighs: 195g
Material & Construction
- BODY: 70% POLYESTER / 30% WOOL
- Polartec® Power Wool™ is a best-of-both-worlds fabric that is antimicrobial, fast-wicking, and quick drying, delivering true mountain versatility and all-season performance.