UOG TOP PICK - Extrem MTN Guide MW Technical Pant The Guide Extrem Pants are a rough tough durable pant that is perfect for any adventure in the mountains, if you are looking for a pant that is comfortable and will last on any terrain then this is a go to choice, one of our top picks!
For the best of the mountain.
If you’re pushing yourself on technical terrain and in demanding conditions - you need to know your kit won’t let you down - and the MTN Guide MW Technical Pant delivers.
Berghaus' Extrem Guide pants are part of the re-introduced Extrem ranges ethos of durability and function over frills and unnecessary features.
The Guide pants are a perfect example of this ethos as they are very tough and durable so will cope with even the most technical terrain for use by everyone from weekend warriors to guides using them day in day out. To manage this Berghaus have used a Cordura 4-way stretch fabric that is highly abrasion resistant but also the four-way stretch fabrics allows for a great freedom of movement without restriction. While these aren't the lightest of pants, they are certainly ones that you can trust to cope with anything.
The main features are the four pockets that are flat taped meaning that they don't get in the way so are very comfortable where as some zipped pockets and sometimes feel a bit bulky. They are also a very good size so you can fit most of the essentials in there. The waist while not having an integrated belt, has some belt loops that will fit most sized belts. It also has a poppers at the front and also adjustment poppers at the bottom of the leg to get a better fit around the top of your boots.
In terms of fit they give you a decent amount of room round the leg which I prefer over the tighter fits you can sometimes get in the more technical trousers, and the freedom of movement given by the stretch fabric was very noticeable.
- Reviewed by Ultralight Outdoor Gear
- Berghaus Extrem MTN Guide MW Technical Pant Review - “After extensive use, I have found them to be some of the most unrestrictive and hard-wearing trousers I have used.”
- Cordura blend 4-way stretch softshell fabric - Gives unhindered freedom of movement with mountain proof durability
- Guide approved pocket design - 4 harness-compatible hand & thigh pockets
- Gusseted design – Removing inner thigh seams means ultra comfort
- Small weighs: 425g
- Medium weighs: 437g
- Large weighs: 460g
- XLarge weighs: 475g
Material & Construction
- BODY: 50% POLYAMIDE / 42% POLYESTER / 8% ELASTANE
- POCKET LINING: 100% POLYESTER