A versatile mid/outer layer, an innovative shell that gives "reliable protection from wind, rain, and cold temperatures", is lightweight and can be packed down small.
Giving reliable protection from wind, rain, and cold temperatures, yet remaining light by utilising thinner fabrics to create the ultimate superlight packable shell. When you need a ‘less is more’ jacket, the Mountain Guide Hyper Alpha is the perfect choice.
If you are heading to the mountains in cold weather and want to be warmer and dryer but not weighted down by an additional layer, the Berghaus MTN Guide Hyper Alpha jacket is worth consideration.
The jacket has strategically placed Polartec Alpha insulation bonded to panels in the jacket; this aids in warmth but also the breathability of the jacket; as it's not covered in insulation, there are more exposed areas that water vapour can easily pass through. The outer shell is constructed for a low-weight Hydro shell Elite, a six-denier waterproof material that breathes incredibly well.
The jacket is designed to incorporate a harness if needed; it has high accessible pockets that a harness won't restrict; unfortunately, the hand-warming pockets are pretty small, big enough for a mobile phone, but not much else.
- Reviewed by Ultralight Outdoor Gear
- Hydroshell® ELITE™ – Ultralightweight waterproof protection with incredible breathability and 6D ripstop durability.
- Polartec® Alpha® – Strategic bonded panels providing active insulation that regulates temperature.
- Harness & pack compatibility – With 2 raised hand pockets.
- Single point rear hood adjustment Gives a comfortable, secure fit.
- Partial stretch bonded cuffs For a snug fit without additional weight.
- Dual hem adjustment & highlighted cordlock For quick identification and ease of use.
- Reflective detailing Improved visibility & safety in poor conditions.
- Performance orientated sustainability – Main fabrics are bluesign® approved and contain recycled content.
- Supported by Repairhaus.
- Small weighs: 241g
- Medium weighs: 252g
- Large weighs: 267g
- XLarge weighs: 278g
Material & Construction
- Hydroshell® ELITE™ – Woven ripstop 6D DWR, 3L TY
- POLARTEC® ALPHA® Knit Rec Poly Insulation Dyed 60 PC