A hardworking warm and protective down jacket for cold days at the crag, winter mountaineering and trekking. Updated with a new design plus recycled fabrics, lining and down.
Don’t let the winter pass you by. With an updated design and fully recycled construction, the new Axion Pro Jacket is a warm and protective down jacket for trekking, mountaineering and cold days at the crag.
As part of our Mountain range, the Axion Pro Jacket is built from durable recycled Pertex Quantum Pro ripstop nylon with an ultra-thin water-resistant coating for increased resilience in changeable conditions. The 700 fill power P.U.R.E recycled down is combined with Nikwax® hydrophobic treatment to retain its loft for maximum warmth. While the helmet-compatible hood uses Stratus synthetic insulation for improved performance in the wet, it is also removable for more casual everyday use. Additional outdoor features include a double-ended YKK® Natulon zip, a pair of cosy, harness-compatible zipped hand pockets and fully adjustable cuffs and hem to help retain the warmth. With midi-baffle stitch-through construction, full adjustability and high-level weatherproofing, the Axion Pro is a robust winter workhorse with all the features you need to keep the cold at bay.
Rab's Axion Pro Down Jacket has been significantly updated with a a change in materials and insulation resulting in a warmer and lighter weight jacket. The jacket has zoned down and synthetic insulation making it more versatile in changeable conditions. It provides great value for money and is an ideal jacket for day to day use in cold conditions. The down fill easily compresses within the lightweight outer fabric and it works well on backpacking trips for throwing on at camp when temperatures drop.
The updated Axion Pro has been updated with a fantastic array of recycled materials it to keep you warm. Along with an impressive DWR treatment this jacket has 295g of 700 fill power Hydrophobic European Goose down from recycled sources while the lightweight and surprisingly durable 20D Pertex Quantum Pro outer is also recycled. The green credentials of the new Axion is great to see but also performs just as well, if not better in our opinion, as past versions.
- Reviewed by Ultralight Outdoor Gear
- Pertex Quantum Pro ripstop nylon outer is windproof and water-resistant
- Midi-baffle stitch through construction
- Helmet compatible removable hood, filled with Stratus synthetic insulation
- High YKK® zipped hand pockets and large chest pocket
- Double ended full length front YKK Natulon zip
- Fully adjustable cuffs and hem to trap warmth
- Stuff sack included
- Small weighs: 670g
- Medium weighs: 706g
- Large weighs: 756g
- XLarge weighs: 796g
- Main Fabric: Recycled 20D nylon Pertex Quantum Pro, 40g/m², with DWR
- Lining: Recycled 20D nylon, 38g/m²
- Insulation: Recycled 700 fill-power down Nikwax hydrophobic (water-resistant) finish (295g Size L)
- Composition: 100% recycled polyamide outer with polyurethane coating and 100% recycled polyamide lining