The Rab Kangri Paclite is the lighter version of the classic Kangri that is prefect for those looking for a jacket for more active use but that will still cope with the worst weather conditions, and with its packable nature will fit perfectly in any pack.
The ultralight and packable version of our classic hiking waterproof shell. Built with highly compressible, breathable fabric, it's perfect for stashing in a pack on long mountain days and for taking shelter when the storm rolls in.
Rab have taken the Classic Kangri jacket and created a lighter and more packable version in the Packlite version that is more suitable for the lightweight market but still follows the top build quality of the long standing Kangri.
The Kangri Paclite Plus utilises the lighter weight 2.5 Layer Gore Paclite membrane which is more breathable than the 3 layer Gore-Tex membrane but still offers a hydro static rating that will cope with the heaviest rain fall. Making it suitable as a shell for more active use where breathability is an important factor as condensation built up inside can often be an issue with heavier Gore-Tex Pro shell jackets during more rigorous activities
The outer fabric is a lighter 30 denier which feels very easy to move around in and you don't get the crisp packet effect that comes with some of the heavier denier shell jackets making it perfect as a climbing or scrambling shell, but is still tough enough to cope with some abrasion.
Features Wise the Kangri comes with all the standards that you would expect on a shell, two decent sized pockets on the front, a three way adjustable hood, pit vents, adjustable cuffs, and an elasticated waist adjustment. In terms of the fit this is a traditional Rab fit which is a more generous cut so there is plenty of room for more layers if you go for your normal size, but with a bit of adjustment it will fit a bit closer.
- Reviewed by Ultralight Outdoor Gear
- 40D Recycled GORE-TEX PACLITE® Plus 2.5-Layer construction waterproof technology (98gsm) HH: 28,000mm/RET: <9
- Fully adjustable mountain hood with flexible and stiffened peak
- 2-way YKK® VISLON® centre front zip with lower snap fastener and fleece lined chin guard for comfort
- 2 YKK® AquaGuard® zipped hand pockets
- 2-way full venting YKK® AquaGuard® pit zips
- Sleeve articulation for freedom of movement and arm lift
- Anti-snag hook-and-loop adjustable cuffs
- Dual sided mitt friendly rear hem adjustment
- Taped seams throughout for complete waterproof protection
- UK 8 weighs: 326g
- UK 10 weighs: 331g
- UK 12 weighs: 340g
- UK 14 weighs: 356g
Material & Construction
- Main: 100% Recycled Polyamide with ePTFE Membrane
- Fit: Regular
- Centre back length (Size M): 78cm / 30.7inch