Women's CrossStrata range utilises Patagonia's famous R1 technical fleece material and combines it with abrasion and weather-resistant DWR.
Warm, stretchy and breathable like our Regulator® fleece, but with the added benefits of abrasion and weather resistance. This cool-weather, multifunctional crosslayer was designed for extended versatility in shifting mountain conditions. Made in a Fair Trade Certified™ factory.
I'm a big fan of the CrossStrata Jacket. When you need the lightweight, breathable and quick-drying abilities of a technical fleece, with the added protection of a strong but environmentally friendly DWR, this jacket comes into its own. The CrossStrata is a little more rugged thanks to the DWR coating, so it brushes off abrasions as well as light rain and has some wind protection.
The CrossStrata has a good amount of stretch, so it excels at climbing and scrambling and works well with a harness. Consideration has been given to how the pockets work when using a climbing harness.
I like the dual-opening chest pocket. It fastens with a zip closure to the side and a snap button closure at the top, which is good for quickly accessing a mobile phone or GPS. The CrossStrata also has two hand-warming pockets, which, as I have said, works well with a harness on.
- Reviewed by Ultralight Outdoor Gear
(Unfortunately, we are unable to ship Patagonia products outside of the European Area (defined as the European Economic Area plus Switzerland and the UK)
- Lightweight double-weave fabric with unique zigzag texture is soft and warm next to skin but doesn’t trap heat; face is durable and treated with a PFC-free DWR finish (durable water repellent coating that does not contain perfluorinated chemicals) to shed moisture
- Stretch fabric and shoulders are designed for overhead reach and a wide range of movement
- High collar for wind protection; soft kissing-welt zipper garage at chin for next-to-skin comfort
- Two high handwarmer pockets have invisible zippers and are harness- and pack-compatible
- Sleek, low-bulk, snag-resistant cuffs are partially elasticated and provide versatile coverage
- Low-bulk, partially elasticated hem for comfort under a harness or a pack waistbelt
- XSmall (UK 08) weighs: 259g
- Small (UK 10) weighs: 279g
- Medium (UK 12) weighs: 304g
- Large (UK 14) weighs: 328g
Material & Construction
- 5.9-oz 90% recycled polyester/10% elastane breathable stretch double weave with a PFC-free DWR finish (durable water repellent coating that does not contain perfluorinated chemicals).
- Fabric is certified as bluesign® approved. Made in a Fair Trade Certified™ factory