We're working out what we think - we'll add our view here!
The 'Tempest' is available in three sizes, as a 2, 3 or 4-person tent, in the light weight Zero-G line. It is an asymmetrical tunnel tent with three colour coded main frames. Due to the unique cut of the inner tent, it also offers a comfortable sleeping place for large people. It has a rain-protected inner tent entrance and a large vestibule with two entrances. By "unclipping" the front tip of the inner tent, the space in the vestibule can be enlarged. Simply push the unhooked inner tent to the rear. In this way, there is more room, for example for cooking. The front door of the fly sheet can be rolled up completely. That allow a very nice panorama view and easy handling with your gear. All sorts of small stuff can be organized in several mesh pockets in the inner tent.
We're working out what we think about Wechsel's Tempest 3 Tent, we'll add our comments here in due course.
- Reviewed by Ultralight Outdoor Gear
Seams on Wechsel Zero-G line tents - the outer seams of the silicone impregnated tents can't yet be sealed with tape. These seams are sewn with a cotton coated polyester thread that swells when wet and seals the seam. Before first use we recommend to seal the seams with the sealer provided.
- Dynema Guylines:The guy ropes are made of extremely high tensile strength Dynema. Woven-in reflective threads ensure better visibility of the guy ropes. The linelocks enable simple and safe adjustment.
- APEX Ventilation: With the help of apex ventilation flaps air flow is increased between the inner and flysheets, helping regulate humidity and temperature. They are securely sewn into the seams. They do not have to pulled open and can be closed with Velcro fastenings to prevent them flapping noisily in the wind.
- Color coded Poles: The pole-endtips and pole-channels are color coded for easy pitching
- Sustainable Connection between Inner and Outer Tent: The connection between the inner and outer tent is practical and sustainable. The rubber can be knotted tighter or easily replaced if necessary.
- Upsidedown Buckles: These buckles make connecting the inner tent to the flysheet child's play. Even without additional staking you can tighten the flysheet with one hand, because the buckles are attached in the pull direction.
- Mosquito net at the innertent: The inner tent is made of a breathable and water-repellent fabric, which enables condensation water not to penetrate the inside of the tent, but rolls off the outside of the inner tent. The door of the innertent are equipped in the upper half with mosquito net. This ensures a good exchange of air without causing an uncomfortable draft in the tent.
- Double Loops: Double loops allow two different tensioning options.
- Adjustable Peh Loops: The peg loops are adjustable. Thus, the tent is easy to tighten and the pegs can be set flexibly. Adjustable peg loops helps you to tight your tent easy and pegs can be set more flexible. (Tempest, Halos, Pioneer)
- Rectangular inner tents: The tunnel tents have a rectangular cut and do not taper at the foot end. A rectangular floor plan is particularly useful for thick sleeping mats so that the mats do not overlap at the foot end.
- Combined Structure, 2 in 1: At the Tempest, Pioneer, Halos and Bella, the inner tent can remain attached to the outer tent. This makes a combined setup, quick and easy.
- Extra Ventilation at the Tempest 3 & 4: At the Tempest 3 and 4, the rear end of the tent can be converted into a large vent.
- Flysheet & inner weighs: 1866g
- Poles weigh: 676g
- Total weight: 2542g (excludes pegs & bags)
- Pegs x18 weigh: 230g
- Sleeps: 3
- Size Inner Tent (LxWxH): 225/295 x 185 x 90 cm
- Vestibules: 1
- Doors: 2
- Weight: 2,850 kg
- Packing Size: 46 x 18cm
Material & Construction
- Flysheet: Ripstop Nylon 20D, siliconised on both sides, water column 3000 mm, tearing strength: 7kg
- Inner Tent: Ripstop Nylon 20D, water repellent, breathable
- Floor: Ripstop Nylon 30D, PU coated, water column 5000mm, taped seams
- Mosquitonet: 20 D Nylon NoSeeUm
- Tentpoles: Aluminium 7001 T6, EF, Shock Tip
- Tentpegs: V-profile (Aluminium)