Rabs Latok Alpine GTX Jacket, focuses on top performance for the most arduous activities in the mountains, from winter climbing, alpinism or just wanting to move fast through the snow line.
Winter climbing hardshell for steep rock, ice and alpinism with the ultimate balance of weight and durability. With recycled GORE-TEX Pro Most Breathable outer, refined sleeves designed for freedom to reach, and helmet compatible TriPoint Hood.
The Latok Alpine is the lighter weight version of Rab's popular Mountain Alpine Jacket, that is a bit more stripped back to offer a higher level of performance for those pushing it in the mountains.
Rab are using a lighter 40 denier fabric to great a lighter feel and more ease of movement that is designed to help while winter ascending or ice climbing. The use of the Gore-Tex pro shell as the membrane creates a jacket that will protect you from the worst of the elements but offers breathability, which in combination with the lighter fabric is pretty good for a hard shell.
There are two chest pockets, and an internal pocket to keep the things you want to reach easily. The hood is helmet compatible but also adjusts down well via some draw cords on the front and back of the hood.
Fit on the Alpine Guide is a bit more technical that other Rab hard shells, but is still roomy enough to get plenty of layers on underneath to keep out the cold.
- Reviewed by Ultralight Outdoor Gear
- Wired and stiffened peak for increased weather protection
- Sleeve articulation for freedom of movement and arm lift
- 2 external YKK® AquaGuard Zip Napoleon pockets one with security clip
- 2-way fully venting pit zips using YKK® AquaGuard Zips and haptic pullers
- 2-way YKK® VISLON® centre front zip with lower snap fastener and fleece lined chin guard for comfort
- 1 zipped and 1 mesh internal pockets
- Extended cuffs with hook and loop adjustment for fit with gloves or mitts
- Dual sided mitt friendly rear hem adjustment
- Helmet compatible TriPoint Hood with wind collar, crown and face adjustment, concealed internal cord locks and haptic, mitt friendly pullers
- Small weighs: 475g
- Medium weighs: 481g
- Large weighs: 496g
- XLarge weighs: 517g
Material & Construction
- Main Fabric: 40D Recycled GORE-TEX Pro Most Breathable 3-Layer construction with Gore DWR (120gsm) HH: 28,000mm/RET: <6
- 100% GORE-TEX Pro seam tape throughout
- Face: 100% Recycled Polyamide, ePTFE Membrane. Backer: 100% Polyamide
- Fit: Regular
- Centre back length (Size M): 78cm / 30.7inch