A hard-wearing rugged waterproof, designed for scrambling and winter excursions into the mountains in the wilder months of the year.
A protective, hardwearing waterproof shell made with tough 70D recycled 3-layer GORE-TEX. Built for hikers breaking into winter walking or scrambling with a stowaway, adjustable hood, venting and multiple, map ready pockets.
This is a very tough and hard-wearing 70 denier 3-layered waterproof Gore jacket. The 70D fabric shrugs off abrasions and protects the Gore membrane underneath; the jacket is entirely tape sealed, so you can be confident in its ability to keep you dry. The Zanskar breaths incredibly well, aided by the Gore-Tex membrane, but the large pit-zip vents do a fantastic job of quickly dumping heat when you are working hard on those tough technical assents.
My favourite feature is the well-fitting hood; it has a stiffened peak for added rain protection, three points of adjustment, two around the face and an easy-to-adjust one around the crown. The hood can be rolled away when not in use to stop it from flapping in the wind.
The front dual zipped opening means the jacket works with a harness or whilst belaying and also helps ventilate the jacket. The fleece-lined chin guard at the top makes the jacket a little more cosy but also protects the jacket from the oils on your skin, which, over time, can interfere with the Gore-tex.
The jacket cuffs are oversized to a comma at bulky winter gloves, but they can be adjusted with Velcro fastening. The coat's hem can also be cinched in with a simple drawcord.
- Reviewed by Ultralight Outdoor Gear
- 2-way adjustable roll away hood with concealed internal cord locks and single handed adjustment
- Wired and stiffened peak for increased weather protection
- Sleeve articulation for freedom of movement and arm lift
- 3 external pockets (1x Napoleon/ 2x Hand) using YKK® AquaGuard Zips
- 2-way fully venting pit zips using YKK® AquaGuard Zips
- 2-way YKK® VISLON® centre front zip with lower snap fastener and fleece lined chin guard for comfort
- 1 internal zipped pocket
- Extended cuffs with hook and loop adjustment for better fit
- Dual sided mitt friendly rear hem adjustment
- XSmall (UK 08) weighs: 468g
- Small (UK 10) weighs: 475g
- Medium (UK 12) weighs: 502g
- Large (UK 14) weighs: 525g
Material & Construction
- Main Fabric: 70D Recycled GORE-TEX 3-Layer construction waterproof technology (160gsm) HH: 28,000mm/RET: <9 with Gore DWR
- 100% GORE-TEX seam tape throughout
- 100% Recycled Polyamide, ePTFE Membrane, 100% Recycled Polyamide backer
- Fit: Regular
- Centre back length (Size 10): 73.5cm / 28.9inch