The Jupiter Lite is a classic design that gives you plenty of internal space with the use of the single alloy pole. An impressive weight with good levels of waterproofing and breathability.
Terra Nova says
The classic bivi designed for minimalist backpacking use, uses Terra Nova Moonlite fabric upper for greater comfort and features a Waterbloc ground sheet for extra durability. A single pre-curved DAC 8.7mm alloy pole provides easy access to the bivi, and the full size mesh door adds maximum ventilation and bug protection.
The Jupiter Lite Bivi is a great alternative to a tent for the solo backpacker. Please note: for maximum safety and comfort, we always recommend the bivi bag zip be left slightly open when in use.
Terra Nova's Jupiter Lite Bivi weighs in at an impressive 548g without pegs or bags. There are six points to peg out but these can easily be adjusted depending on the conditions. The bag has a durable floor and provides a good level of waterproofing for wet weather trips. There is a decent level of breathability but it is still a bivvy and condensation does occur and the amount is very much dependent upon the conditions you're using it in. The entrance is decent for a bivvy and makes it easier to get in and out.
The alloy pole creates a great space inside, making it feel more like a small tent than some of the more basic bivvies. It's still very much a confined area but it does free up enough space to have a read or store a few extra items compared to the normal amount of space afforded by a bivvy. The double door works well with weather proofing from the inner and insect protection from the outer while maximising ventilation too.
- Reviewed by Ultralight Outdoor Gear
- Lightweight, waterproof and highly breathable
- For minimalist backpacking
- Single pre-curved aluminium alloy pole gives extra head room and improved bentilation
- Good ventilation makes it suitable for warmer, more humid conditions
- No-see-um mesh door to keep out bugs
- Terra Nova Moonlite fabric and waterbloc groundsheet
- Bivi weighs: 488g
- Pole weighs: 60g
- Total weight: 548g
- Pegs x6 weigh: 104g
- Dimensions: 230 x 70 x 45 cm
- Packed size: 40 x 11 cm
- Bivi Contains poles?: Yes
- Upper Fabric: TN Moonlite
- Hydrostatic Head: 10000mm
- Groundsheet Fabric: Waterbloc 10000mm