Uncompromised protection with excellent warmth in a lightweight package. This technically engineered jacket combines advanced 'switch-back' seam construction with GORE-TEX INFINIUM fabrics to protect from the elements during exposed alpine climbs.
This highly protective down jacket has evolved from the definitive high mountain Infinity Jacket. Lighter in weight, with a closer, regular fit, it excels on alpine style, high energy ascents in winter weather. The Infinity Alpine uses two weights of GORE-TEX INFINIUM™ WINDSTOPPER®. The outer is reinforced on the shoulders, upper body, and outer arms for better protection in rugged terrain.
Highly breathable, windproof and water resistant with a soft feel, this jacket is perfect for winter climbing and mountaineering. Built using advanced Interstitch construction, the Infinity Alpine has overhanging baffles with clever internal stitching, ensuring water is channelled away from the body, minimising water ingress. Filled with 800FP RDS down with a Nikwax hydrophobic treatment, the Infinity Alpine maximises the warmth to weight ratio and copes with damp conditions.
Extremely lightweight for this level of warmth and protection it can compress down easily and be packed away in its stuff sack. It has a fully adjustable, helmet compatible, down-filled hood with a stiffened peak for increased protection and a two-way YKK VISLON front zip for ease of use with a harness. Designed to excel on vertical missions the Infinity Alpine has articulated sleeves for complete mobility, adjustable cuffs for use with gloves and multiple pockets.
Rab's Infinity Alpine Down Jacket is Rab's technical alpinist piece. Designed with the vertical ascent in mind, the features of the jacket just make sense in a climbing or technical winter ascent environment.
The two way zipper works well with a harness, the alpine fit reduces bulkiness while they have extracted as much warmth as possible from the down by utilizing their new switch back stitching method to reduce cold spots on the baffle seams and reduces water ingress.
The reinforced areas are positioned to handle the wear and tear of mountain pursuits. The wrist closure is something I'd look at as the way the elastic cuff bunches up makes the whole wrist area feel strange and unnatural. Apart from this, it's an excellent technical piece from Rab.
- Reviewed by Ultralight Outdoor Gear
- Fully adjustable, helmet compatible down-filled hood with stiffened peak for increased protection
- 2-way YKK® VISLON® front zip with insulated storm flap
- 2 YKK® zipped hand pockets , 1 YKK® zipped internal chest pocket
- Minimally seamed overlay panel across upper body, shoulders and upper sleeve for added weather protection
- Cuff adjustment and elastication for optimum fit when wearing gloves
- Articulated sleeves and drawcord hem
- Stitch-through construction with technically advanced 'switch-back' seam construction on the body to reduce water ingress
- Stuff sack included
- Small weighs: 502g
- Medium weighs: 548g
- Large weighs: 572g
- XLarge weighs: g
- Fit: Regular
- Centre back length (Size M): 76.5cm/30.1inch
- Zoned GORE-TEX INFINIUM™ WINDSTOPPER® fabrics: 30D (64gsm) & 13D (45gsm)
- Lining: 20D recycled (38gsm)
- Insulation: Ethically sourced RDS 800 FP Goose Down with Nikwax Hydrophobic finish (175g Size M)