Improvements to Julbo's flagship model see the Explorer take on a number of changes making it more compact but still full of features. The protection, clarity of vision and adjustable nature of these glasses make these an absolute bargain.
Faster, stronger, higher: high mountaineering is changing, and the same is true for Julbo’s flagship model. More ergonomic, better ventilation, slimmer and more stylish, Explorer 2.0 reaches new summits in performance. With large coverage, removable shields, 360° adjustable temples and high protection lenses, these glacier sunglasses are designed for extreme conditions without any comprise.
Julbo's Explorer 2.0 Spectron 4 Mountain Sunglasses have slimmed down so that they can perform even better when undertaking serious mountaineering activities. They are built to provide high levels of protection with Category 4 lenses which are specifically designed for high altitude activities where high levels of protection are needed from visible and UV light. The wider lenses allow a greater field of vision too.
The glasses feature removable sidewalls to ensure that added protection against the wind, rain and snow you might find up there. The style of these glasses may not be to everyone's taste but they are really comfortable to wear. The adjustable arms and strap provided will keep these on your head no matter what shape it is or what activity you're doing.
- Reviewed by Ultralight Outdoor Gear
- Cat. 4 polycarbonate lens: (visible light transmission rate: 5%) with an anti-reflective coating: improves visual comfort by eliminating stray reflections. And a flash finish: improves filtration of visible light by applying a mirror effect to the lens. Blocks sunlight and increases the filter effect. Recommended for sports exposed to conditions with strong glare.
- Nose Grip: Flexible, shock-absorbing grip insert on the bridge.
- 360° adjustable temples: The ends of the temples can be moved in all directions. Under a helmet, over a hat or on the head, the frames are held in place.
- Front Venting: Natural front venting of air created by the lens shape.
- Grip Tech temples: Exclusive soft material on the temples that doesn't stick to hair, for perfect grip and comfort.
- Panoramic view: Wide lens surface for maximum field of vision.
- Removable side shields: Side protection from sunlight.
- Total Cover: Maximum protection from sunlight in extreme conditions.
- Weight: 32g
- Category: 4
- Lenses Type: Spectron 4
- Lens colour: Brown
- Mirror/Flash: Silver Flash
Help and advice: