For a solid, protective all-rounder the Crater is a great option. Using quality Gore-Tex for wind and waterproof protection combined with a good set of features you have a practical jacket.
Crater HS Hooded Jacket Men. The absolute all-arounder on the mountain. 3-layer jacket with waterproof Gore-Tex® membrane. The jacket comes with smart features such as a helmet-compatible hood, underarm zippers for optimum ventilation and climbing harness-compatible side pockets. The alpine jacket in a classic timeless design: Crater HS Hooded Jacket Men.
Mammut's Crater HS Hooded Gore-Tex Jacket is a classic do-it-all jacket. The longer cut and articulated arms are great for climbing while the jacket is primarily designed to work for hiking. It is a top quality jacket with well thought out details you normally find on much more expensive items. Adjustable hem, cuff and hood enable you to keep the worst of the weather out no matter what you're doing.
There are two generous sized hand pockets and a small inner pocket too. Two-way zips under the arms allow for effective ventilation when things heat up. The hood is voluminous and I found it to be too large when not wearing a helmet, which is the majority of the time when hiking.
- Reviewed by Ultralight Outdoor Gear
- Spun dyed backing and face material for increased sustainability
- MAMMUT Georganic 3D Technology T Shape Pattern for an optimized fit and for maximum freedom of movement
- Stormproof, vertically and horizontally adjustable helmet-compatible hood with reinforced shield for an optimum field of vision at all times and easy operation when wearing gloves
- Water resistant Aquaguard 2-way front zipper
- Underarm ventilation with water-repellent 2-way zipper
- 2 side pockets with water-repellent YKK zippers
- Internal zipper pocket
- Pre-shaped sleeves with hook and loop fastener
- Hem drawstring can be adjusted with one hand
- Suitable for: Mountaineering | Climbing | Approach | Hiking
- Small weighs: 496g
- Medium weighs: 512g
- Large weighs: 530g
- Cut: Regular fit
- Technology: GORE-TEX® 28,000mm HH
- Sustainability: bluesign® PRODUCT
Help and advice: