The Anti Freeze XT Hoodie is from Montane's top end range that is designed to keep a high level of warmth but also keep the weight down so that you can move in the mountains without feeling restricted.
Delivering exceptional warmth for its weight, the Anti-Freeze XT Hoodie is built with premium lightweight recycled materials and high quality down, to provide a super warm mid or outer layer for use in cold, dry conditions.
The Montane Anti-Freeze XT Hoodie is part of the Montane's top end XT range designed to offer top end level performance whether on the top of the mountain to the lowland walks. The Anti-Freeze XT Hoodie fits well into this with a relaivitely low weight given the good level of fill weight, that offers a warmth level that you would usually find in a heavier down jacket.
While the 750 fill power is not the top end of the spectrum it is perfect for this type of jacket where fast and light are important and you are on the move for most of the day. The Quantum Eco shell fabric offers a good level of water resistance to keep out the light rain and damp and protect the down.
The Anti Freeze XT feels like a larger down jacket so gives you plenty of room to get a few layers underneath so I would say that it is primarily an outer-layer, but in combination with a more generous shell it could certainly be fine acting as a mid-layer. The hood fits well which can be a bit hit and miss with down jackets, where helmet compatible hoods can sometimes be a massive, but this one fits well with or without a helmet.
Two large pockets and a smaller one inside for essentials complete the features.
- Reviewed by Ultralight Outdoor Gear
- Midi baffle construction
- Fully adjustable, roll-away climbing helmet compatible hood
- Full-length, two-way YKK Vislon front zip with internal storm flap
- Two zipped hand pockets
- Zipped internal chest pocket
- Pre-elasticated cuffs
- Adjustable hem drawcord
- Supplied with a stuff sac
- Small weighs: 460g (Excluding Stuff Sack)
- Medium weighs: 471g (Excluding Stuff Sack)
- Large weighs: 477g (Excluding Stuff Sack)
- XLarge weighs: 490g (Excluding Stuff Sack)
Material & Construction
- 100% recycled PERTEX® QUANTUM ECO outer with PFC-free DWR
- Filled with 210g (size Medium) of 90/10 water resistant fluorocarbon-free HyperDRY™ down at 750+ fill power
- Responsible Down Standard (RDS) and Track my Down™ certified
- 100% recycled PEAQ Down ECO lining with PFC-free DWR