The Triton jacket combines the warmth of down with protection of a waterproof shell. This is a warm jacket for cold, wet conditions with a nice set of features that works in the hills and for general use around town.
Mountain Equipment says
A warm and waterproof jacket with 100% recycled down, recycled shell fabric and PFC free DWR. This protective, insulated jacket gives the warmth of 100% recycled down with the fully waterproof reassurance of a recycled DRILITE® shell. Our Mountain Hood seals out winter weather and 3 zipped outer pockets store what you need for life in the coldest months
Mountain Equipment's Triton Down Jacket is tough, waterproof, warm and now updated with 100% recycled materials. All in all a perfect winter jacket to protect you from the worst of the weather. The 50 Denier Drilite outer is really durable and completely waterproof. Warmth is provided by 700+ fill power down which is as good as it gets with recycled down. The hood is quite close fitting and has a stiffened brim to withstand the wind. The two hand warmer pockets are fleece lined which is a real luxury feature. You get 2 zipped chest pockets one internal and one external. The wrists have Velcro adjustment and 2 draw cords allow you to cinch in the hem.
The eco credentials of this jacket were already really impressive. Sourcing and reusing down is still a relatively new process and to make a jacket with 100% recycled down with a decent fill power is a great achievement. The polyester inner/outer is 100% recycled with the membrane now also being made from 100% recycled material.
- Reviewed by Ultralight Outdoor Gear
- Stitched-through narrow baffle internal construction
- Adjustable Mountain Hood
- 2-way YKK® moulded Aquaguard® centre front zip with internal storm flap
- 2 zipped hand warmer pockets with YKK® WR zips with stormflaps
- Napoleon chest pocket with stormflap
- Inner zipped security pocket
- Adjustable cuffs and dual tether hem drawcords
- Small weighs: 690g
- Medium weighs: 732g
- Large weighs: 809g
- XLarge weighs: 819g
Material & Construction
- Recycled 2-layer DRILITE® 50D fabric with PFC-free DWR
- 192g (Size L) of recycled down with a minimum 700 fill power
- Content: 100% Recycled Polyester outer, 100% Recycled Polyamide inner, Down fill
Help & advice: