The Versalite Pants use Gore Infinium to provide a fully windproof, breathable pant which Montbell have improved upon by fully taping the seams and making these waterproof too.
Extremely lightweight and compact, the Versalite Pants are the minimalist's dream rain gear. Utilizes seam-sealed GORE-TEX INFINIUM™ WINDSTOPPER®, providing excellent breathability. Designed with the fewest seamlines possible, helping to further lighten the weight and increase packability to an amazing level.
Montbell's Versalite Waterproof Pants have used the new Gore Infinium fabric to create a windproof and now waterproof layer. The use of fully taped seams to keep out the water make the difference to these pants being technically waterproof. The Infinium fabric has exceptionally good breathability rates as you'd expect but it also provides an impressive waterproof rating too. At just 90g for the medium size you are getting a great piece of kit.
They are certainly easy to pull over trail shoes and mid-boots so you can quickly protect your legs. However, the fit of the legs is really wide. There is a lot of excess material for anyone thinking of using them for running but they are fine if you're hiking or just like a roomier fit. They have articulated knees and this makes them pretty comfortable for wearing and walking in for extended periods.
- Reviewed by Ultralight Outdoor Gear
(Unfortunately, we are unable to ship MontBell products outside of the UK)
- Fully seam taped
- Articulated Knees
- Off-Set Seamline moves the stitch line out of high wear areas, increasing durability
- Samue leg closure system
- No fly opening
- Stuff sack included
- Small (UK 10) weighs: 75g
- Medium (UK 12) weighs: 82g
- Large (UK 14) weighs: 87g
- Compressed size: 6 x 6 x 10 cm (2.2 x 2.2 x 3.8 in)
Material & Construction
- 2-layer GORE-TEX INFINIUM™ WINDSTOPPER® Fabrics
- 10-denier Ballistic Airlight nylon ripstop (DWR finish)
- Water resistance: 30,000 mm
- Breathability: 43,000 g/ m² / 24hrs (JIS L-1099 B-1 method)