For a versatile jacket that provides zoned warmth and exceptional breathability the Thermal Airshed ticks all the boxes. Ideal for intense mountain activities in mixed conditions.
Ultralight, high-exertion insulation with an innovative construction using woven PlumaFill strands made from 100% recycled polyester. Main body fabric is 100% polyester (87% recycled) and highly breathable, with a PFC-free DWR finish (durable water repellent coating that does not contain perfluorinated chemicals) for additional protection. Designed for hybridized warmth and maximum breathability while moving. Fair Trade Certified™ sewn.
Patagonia's Thermal Airshed Insulated Jacket uses a lightweight fabric and top quality synthetic PlumaFill insulation zoned across the chest and arms to create a jacket that provides a good amount of warmth in a highly breathable lightweight and very packable package. The lack of insulation across the back increases breathability dramatically making it ideal for use as an outer in mild conditions and as a layer in cooler temperatures.
As always with Patagonia gear there's a very high quality finish to this garment. To minimise the weight, along with the use of zoned insulation, there's a pretty basic feature set with two internal pockets - one zipped the other a drop pocket - simple elasticated hem and cuffs. The focus on low weight and high breathability make this jacket perfect for more intense activities in the mountains and so far it has performed brilliantly.
- Reviewed by Ultralight Outdoor Gear
(Unfortunately, we are unable to ship Patagonia products outside of the European Area (defined as the European Economic Area plus Switzerland and the UK))
- 100% recycled polyester PlumaFill insulation is hybridized in front panels and arms for added warmth; noninsulated underarms and back panel allow for dumping heat during high-output activities
- Revolutionary PlumaFill insulation replicates the structure of down in a continuous Insulation Type material, offering the warmth and packability of down but with the warm-when-wet performance of Insulation Type
- Insulation warms and stretches, and combined with the body fabric creates excellent movement and air permeability
- Two internal pockets: one zippered pocket that converts to a stuffsack; one drop-in pocket for gloves, map and more
- Fast-drying warp-knit fabric at back hem and cuffs with added stretch to help seal in warmth
- Center-front zipper has storm flap and zipper garage at chin for next-to-skin comfort
- Reflective P-6 woven logo on left chest; Fair Trade Certified™ sewn
- Small weighs: 214g
- Medium weighs: 230g
- Large weighs: 252g
- XLarge weighs: 268g
- Fit: Slim
- Body: 1.7-oz 100% polyester (87% recycled) stretch ripstop with a PFC-free DWR finish (durable water repellent coating that does not contain perfluorinated chemicals).
- Hem and cuffs: 5.6-oz 65% recycled nylon/35% spandex warp knit.
- Insulation: 65-g PlumaFill 100% recycled polyester.
- Fair Trade Certified™ sewn
Help and advice: