The Shadow jacket is a good all-rounder for both an everyday winter jacket with a high level of comfort and stretch, but the breathable fabric also makes it idea for on the move on the trails or mountains.
Outdoor Research says:
Warmth, softness and stretch make the Shadow Insulated styles amazingly comfortable and versatile, on and off the mountain. With lightweight breathable fabric and 60g VerticalX™ ECO SR insulation made from REPREVE® recycled polyester and 37% bio-based Sorona®, you will want to wear them whenever you can.
Outdoor Research's Shadow jacket is a good all round jacket that is suitable for use both on the hills and keeping you warm in urban enviroments.
The jacket has a nice fit and allows for a lot of movement dur to the softness and stretch of the outer material making it great choice for activities where freedom of movement is key. However, the comfort from this material is really good and certainly makes it suitable as a everyday winter jacket.
The combination of the breathable fabric prevents build up of moisture and cold spots, and the VerticalX™ ECO SR provides a good level of warmth when you are on the move or sat down for a break.
In terms of features it has very nice large fleece pockets on the front, and a elastic draw string adjustment at the bottom although the adjustments are not ideally placed.
- Reviewed by Ultralight Outdoor Gear
- Insulated Collar
- Zip Chest Pocket
- Zip Brushed Tricot Lined Hand Pockets
- Internal Stash Pocket
- Low-Pro™ Binding Wrist Cuffs
- Elastic Drawcord Hem
- The Infinite Guarantee: Outdoor Research gear is guaranteed to perform throughout the lifetime of the product
- Small weighs: 448g
- Medium weighs: 495g
- Large weighs: 518g
- XLarge weighs: 535g
Material & Construction
- Bluesign® approved 90% Nylo 10% Spandex
- 20D Stretch Woven Shell and Lining
- VerticalX Eco SR™, 55% Repreve® Recycled Polyester, 35% Sorona®
- 10% Polyester Insulation 60 G/M2