Rab's Tensor range of packs are aimed at day activities be it running, hiking or bike riding, they have a foam padded back panel that is sculpted to allow some airflow. We really like the three mesh pockets on the outside and the trekking pole holders.
Head for the hills with the Tensor 20, a lightweight multi-purpose day pack ideal for summer hiking, trail running and cycling.
The Tensor 20 features the AirContour back system, with a pre-curved back panel that promotes a closer fit and more natural movement. A front zip pocket gives quick access so you can grab items like snacks on the move, and an internal security pocket, zipped top pocket and key clip keep valuables safe. Hydration compatible, and with stretch water bottle side pockets, the Tensor 20 includes reflective graphics and a light loop so you can be seen after dark.
A hook and loop pole lash, with updated TipGripper walking pole attachments make the Tensor 20 the ideal pack for day hikes, bike rides and longer runs in the mountains.
Rab's Tensor 20 Rucksack is one of a series of capacities in the Tensor range aimed at general purpose day use. The packs are very well made with a good feature set, we particularly like the wide opening and three external mesh pockets for stuffing the gear you need easy access to. There are a pair of holders for trekking poles which are not often included on packs of this size and a welcome addition.
Inside there's a bladder pocket and a zippered mesh pocket for small stuff, and a similar pocket accessed from the outside. There's only one bladder outlet and that would bring the tube out over the right shoulder.
The back panel is foam to keep the conents from poking through and is grooved in an attempt to get a bit of venting on the back. It's not stiffened but you wouldn't really expect that on a rucksack without a hipbelt - the Tensors have a strap that acts as a stabiliser rather than an out and out hipbelt.
It's a nicely finished pack but there are a lot to choose from in this category.
- Reviewed by Ultralight Outdoor Gear
- Sternum strap with whistle to attract attention
- Hydration compatible-fits 3L bladder
- Grab handle
- Internal zipped security pocket for valuable items
- Lightweight and breathable Air Contour™ carry system
- Zipped top pocket for secure storage
- Stretch water bottle side pockets
- Front stash pocket for quick access
- TipGripper walking pole attachments
- Side compression straps to cinch for secure carry
- Bike light loop
- Removable waistbelt for versatility
- Key clip
- Weight: 568g
- Volume: 20 litres / 1220cu.in
- Dimensions: 50 x 30 x 23cm
- Material: 100% RECYCLED 420D Polyester Ripstop / HydroShield