The Static V2 is a comfortable, lightweight and super compact sleeping mat with a unique V shaped centre that hugs the body like no other camping mat.
The freedom to shed weight and pack size without sacrificing comfort or durability. The Static V2™ lets you count ounces without abandoning luxury. It offers the same exceptional comfort of the original Static V™, in a pad that weighs just one pound and packs to the size of a soda can. Weight is shed by using lighter fabric on top, while still retaining an ultra-durable underside. This pad is right at home on summer backpacking trips.
While most other lightweight inflatable sleeping pads use a flatter or more cylindrical cushion design, the Static V2 has a lot of innovative shape built into it. First, the center portion of the pad has a V shape while the outer edges are a bunch of little squares that form a side rail of sorts. The effect? Excellent cushion and stability.
The fabric is flexible and slightly thicker on the bottom than the top, giving you extra protection where it's needed. It can pack down to to the size of a Nalgene water bottle (see pic) saving important space in your pack. There are other lightweight mattress that are really good these days, but if your on a budget the Static V2 gives you an excellent overall size and weight for your money.
- Reviewed by Ultralight Outdoor Gear
- Body Mapping Technology: Our patented V-shaped design delivers support and comfort no matter how you sleep – on your side, stomach or back.
- Side Rails: Integrated into the patterning and construction, they provide a secure, comfortable sleep by centering you on the pad and inhibiting air movement while tossing and turning.
- Deep Weld Patterning: Unlike traditional pads that flatten the bag’s fill, Deep Welds create expansion zones that allow your bag to fully loft beneath you for improved thermal comfort.
- Twist-Pull Valve: Secure and simple, it allows inflation in as few as 10 breaths and opens wide for rapid, complete deflation.
- Patch Kit included for emergency repairs
- Weight: 480g (excludes storage bag)
- Dimensions: 72" x 23" x 2.5" / 182.9 cm x 58.4 cm x 6.4 cm
- ASTM R-Value: Not Quoted
- Old R-Value test (EMPA): 1.3
- Inflation: 10-15 Breaths
- Packed Size: 3" x 8" / 7.6 cm x 20.3 cm
- Fabric: 30D Polyester Top - 75D Polyester Bottom
- Warranty: Klymit Lifetime Warranty
From 2020, there is a new industry standard for measuring the R-value (level of insulation) of sleeping mats – ASTM F3340-18. This new standard is the sleeping mat equivalent to the EN rating for sleeping bags.
You can now directly compare the R-value of mats rated using the ASTM F3340-18 with confidence that is a fair and accurate comparison between mats. In simple terms, the higher the R-value, the warmer the mat.
In general terms, an R-value below 2.0 is for summer use, 2.0 to 4.0 is for cooler 3 season use and 4.0+ is for winter temperatures. This will be also be dependent on your sleeping bag, how cold you sleep etc. Please contact our customer service team if you need advice on choosing the right mat for your activity.