For a full length insulated sleeping mat the Static V Lite is a very comfortable, lightweight and compact option. The unique V shaped design down the centre of the mat hugs the body and makes for a very comfortable nights sleep.
Our most popular pad among backpackers and campers at higher elevations. The Insulated Static V Lite™ performs exceptionally well in places like our Utah backyard -especially in the winter. Light enough to take on all the but most ultra-light adventures, this pad packs a ton of warmth with Klymalite™ lofted synthetic insulation, yet packs small enough to slide into the water bottle sleeve on most multi-day backpacks.
Klymit's Insulated Static V Lite Regular Sleeping Mat uses a thin 30D fabric to lower the weight significantly on the previous Static V models. Although this may affect durability in the long run, it has more positive immediate impact. The lower weight combined with the small pack size makes it perfect for fast packing and weight conscious backpackers in need of some insulation through the night.
The design of the mat has not been changed very much so you still get a very comfortable sleep with this. This comes from the center portion of the pad having that distinctive V shape while the outer edges are a bunch of little squares that form a side rail which increase stability and cushioning.
- Reviewed by Ultralight Outdoor Gear
- Body Mapping Technology: Our patented V-shaped design delivers support and comfort no matter how you sleep – on your side, stomach or back.
- Klymalite™ Synthetic insulation: Lightweight, compressible and durable, advanced synthetic insulation in the chambers slows the transfer of air between the top and bottom halves of the pad for improved thermal performance.
- Side Rails: Integrated into the patterning and construction, they provide a secure, comfortable sleep by centering you on the pad and inhibiting air movement while tossing and turning.
- Deep Weld Patterning: Unlike traditional pads that flatten the bag’s fill, Deep Welds create expansion zones that allow your bag to fully loft beneath you for improved thermal comfort.
- Weight: 578g (excludes storage bag)
- Dimensions: 72 x 23 x 2.5 in / 183 x 58 x 6 cm
- ASTM R-Value: Not Quoted
- Old R-Value test (EMPA): 4.4
- Inflation: 10-15 Breaths
- Packed Size: 8 x 3 in / 20 x 8 cm
- Fabric: 30D Polyester
- Warranty: Klymit Lifetime Warranty
From 2020, there is a new industry standard for measuring the R-value (level of insulation) of sleeping mats – ASTM F3340-18. This new standard is the sleeping mat equivalent to the EN rating for sleeping bags.
You can now directly compare the R-value of mats rated using the ASTM F3340-18 with confidence that is a fair and accurate comparison between mats. In simple terms, the higher the R-value, the warmer the mat.
In general terms, an R-value below 2.0 is for summer use, 2.0 to 4.0 is for cooler 3 season use and 4.0+ is for winter temperatures. This will be also be dependent on your sleeping bag, how cold you sleep etc. Please contact our customer service team if you need advice on choosing the right mat for your activity.