An advanced shelter structure for those who don’t want to carry the extra weight of a tent. Offers generous protection to a solo mountain traveller or ideal for small teams travelling fast and light.
The SilTarp Plus Shelter offers a flexible and lightweight alternative to a traditional tent. Versatile and durable, it can be easily stashed, pulled out, and setup up quickly, weighing in at just 510g (without guys and pegs) and packing down to 25cm x 16cm. It offers substantial shelter for you or your team on an overnight bivi, with a closed back wall and small porch section.
The tarp is made from tough, siliconised 30D Cordura with a PU coating. Ultralight and waterproof, it’s incredibly strong with a taped, catenary ridge seam to keep the tarp taut, allowing rain to run off smoothly and preventing flapping in the wind. The eight guy points are reinforced for strength, and with four central lifter points there are a variety of setup options available. This tarp includes nine pegs and six guy lines.
Light, durable, and versatile, Rabs line of siltarps are an institution in the outdoors world and the new 2022, are lighter and more durable than before. With 8 reinforced attachment points, and 4 center lifter points, for ridgeline support or for use with a trekking pole to add stability, its not as versatile as some tarps in terms of how many configurations you can set it up, but it’s designed to be set up in one configuration, resulting in faster pitching times. Brilliant for solo use, or in small groups depending on how you set it up, could also be used as an emergency shelter.
- Reviewed by Ultralight Outdoor Gear
- 2.6m x 2.4m 3-dimensional shape with a caternary ridge seam for strength
- Taped waterproof seams
- Closed back wall and a small porch provide extra protection from the elements
- 8 external guy points made from lightweight webbing
- 4 central guy points for ridge line or hiking/ski pole setup (poles not included)
- Cordura reinforcement patches on corner and pole location points
- All webbing points double bartacked for strength
- Includes 9 pegs and 6 lightweight guylines
- Ideal for 1-3 people depending on setup
- Tarp weighs: 531
- Pegs x9 weigh: 133g
- Size: 2.6m x 2.4m
- Packed size: 25cm x 16cm
Material & Construction
- Cordura 30D siliconised nylon with PU coated back (67gsm) with 2000mm HH
- Cordura 300D nylon reinforcement