UOG TOP PICK - Nano-Air Light Hybrid Jacket Patagonia have combined there highly popular R1 fleece with a wind and water resistant layer in orer to create a jacket that is perfect for so many outdoor adventures, whether as a comfortable winter midlayer, or a spring summer outer-layer. A classic in the outdoor world, a firm favourite of our staff and customers, and one of our top picks.
The Nano-Air® Light Hybrid Jacket is made for cool-weather objectives where you’re working hard. With 40-g FullRange® insulation, a flyweight shell and lining fabric and R1® Air knit paneling for warm, stretchy, exceptionally breathable performance for high-exertion activities. Fair Trade Certified™ sewn.
Patagonia's Nano-Air light hybrid hoody, combines all the features of the ever popular R1 Air fleece with a water/wind resistance front to create a jacket that offers a high level of breathability, with an added element of protection from the elements.
The R1 air fleece material that forms the inner of the jacket as well as the side, back, and rear sleeve panels allow for very effecient wicking of moisture away from the body, so works well in combination of a baselayer. This makes this an idea jacket for those looking to be doing a high level of activity, and not wanting to overheat.
The addition of the soft shell on the front, sleeves and hood mean that the jacket is provided with a level of protection from the wind and rainmaking it more suitable to harsher conditions than a fleece alone, making drawing from the best of both worlds.
It is a nice comfortable closer fit that provides a good freedom of movement when on more exertive missions, its comfortable fit also makes it a great base layer underneath even the most tailored hard-shell jacket.
Overall this is one of the comfiest and nicest fitting fleece jackets that we have worn in a while and is a go to for a range of different activities.
- Reviewed by Ultralight Outdoor Gear
(Unfortunately, we are unable to ship Patagonia products outside of the European Area (defined as the European Economic Area plus Switzerland and the UK))
- Air permeable, light yet durable 100% recycled polyester shadow ripstop shell and lining offer generous stretch and outstanding breathability, with a PFC-free DWR finish (durable water repellent coating that does not contain perfluorinated chemicals)
- Revolutionary 40-g FullRange® insulation is warm and stretchy; combined with the shell and lining, this provides excellent mobility and air permeability
- R1® Air knit-fleece panels on the backs of arms, sides and lower back, made of 100% recycled polyester hollow-core yarns in a unique zigzag pattern that wicks moisture, dries fast and is highly breathable
- Subtly shaped, articulated patterning and quilting for low-bulk layering and a functional fit; minimal center-front zipper with low-profile zipper garage at chin for next-to-skin comfort
- Two low-profile handwarmer pockets with invisible zippers work comfortably with a harness or a pack
- Sleek, partially elasticated cuffs, patterned for minimal water absorption, seal in warmth
- Fair Trade Certified™ sewn, which means the people who made it earned a premium for their labor
- Small weighs: 282g
- Medium weighs: 301g
- Large weighs: 332g
- XLarge weighs: 356g
Material & Construction
- Shell and lining: 1.6-oz 30-denier 100% recycled polyester air permeable shadow ripstop with four-way stretch
- PFC-free DWR finish (durable water repellent coating that does not contain perfluorinated chemicals)
- Contrast panels: 5.7-oz 100% recycled polyester jacquard fleece with hollow-core yarns
- Insulation: 40-g FullRange® 100% polyester (93% recycled)
- Contrast-panel fabric is certified as bluesign® approved
- Fair Trade Certified™ sewn