The Helium Gaiters are impressively lightweight and breathable. OR have used a combination of fabrics that still allow these gaiters to be waterproof and durable and they are ideal for lightweight boots and trail shoes.
Outdoor Research says
Now you can have Diamond Fuse durable lightweight protection for your feet. Meet the Helium Gaiters, our best-selling and award-winning Helium fabric recreated into a gaiter design to keep out pesky rocks, dirt, rain, snow, and any other debris you kick up on the move. A replacable hypalon strap secures the bottom of your gaiters down around your shoe, and makes in-field repairs easier in the event of a gear failure. Light, small, and crushable, the Helium Gaiters fit in small pockets when not in use and custom-fit your shoes with adjustable features that keeps them snug over long periods of time.
Outdoor Research's Helium Gaiters use two fabrics to balance protection and breathability while keeping the weight down too. A combination of lightweight 30D Pertex Shield and heavy weight 420D Packcloth means that you get a good level of waterproof protection, focussed breathability in the upper sections and added durability around the high wear areas. They are comfortable enough for all day wear and light enough to store in your pack when not needed.
These gaiters feature all of the things you'd expect on heavier models such as a drawstring top, metal press stud closure and lace hooks, along with a durable strap under the instep which can be removed or replaced as needed. The build quality is really good and these gaiters are a great piece of kit.
- Reviewed by Ultralight Outdoor Gear
- Fabric Performance: Waterproof, Breathable, Lightweight, Durable
- Design Features: Replaceable Hypalon Instep Strap, Reinforced Boot Lace Hooks, Hook/Loop Front Closure, Elastic Across Back Heel, Drawcord Cinch at Top Hem
- Small pair weighs: 132g
- Medium pair weighs: 138g
- Large pair weighs: 144g
- XLarge pair weighs: 152g
- Fits: Low Profile Hiking Boots & Trail Shoes
- Pertex® Shield Diamond Fuse 2.5L, bluesign® approved 100% nylon, 30D ripstop upper leg panel, 100% nylon 420D Packcloth with PU Coating Foot Panel
Help and advice: