Bach's Guam 2 footprint is designed to fit under the tent exactly.
This durable footprint protects the floor of the tent from rocks, sharp twigs and pine needles, as well as from mud and ground water.
We reckon that it you're buying a super light tent you don't want to carry a footprint as well - its kind of self defeating - however there are occasions when you know you're going to be camping out on very rough ground and it makes sense to carry a footprint on these trips to protect the tent.
Another angle on this is that I usually take a lightweight groundsheet on a long hike as its nice to be able to spread your gear out or sit outside the tent from time to time - a footprint can provide this facility as well as being a protector for the tent floor.
So, Bach's Guam 2 Footprint may be a useful addition to your kit list. At 357 grams its not the lightest footprint in the world, but that reflects the level of protection it will afford.
- Reviewed by Ultralight Outdoor Gear
- Can be used for the Lite-Set option without inner tent
- Protects your tent floor from sharp objects
- Can be used as tarp
- Grommets attach to tent pole ends
- Weight: 357g (excludes storage bag)
- Material: 40D Ripstop Nylon 10,000mm TPU
Help and advice