If you need your cup of tea or coffee in super fast time then look no further. The Flash is amazingly quick at boiling water, has a useful indicator to show when it is boiling, it is also light and packable.
Blistering boil times come standard on the Flash personal cooking system, the ultimate camping stove for preparing coffee, soup, or dehydrated meals on the trail. Optimized for efficiency, the Flash boils water in a lightning-quick 100 seconds, making it the fastest Jetboil ever. Jetboil's 1-liter FluxRing cooking cup with insulating cozy makes boiling water—and keeping it warm—a breeze. Start heating instantly with the convenient, reliable pushbutton igniter, and verify that the water's ready with the thermochromatic color-change heat indicator. Compatible Jetboil accessories, such as a coffee press, hanging kit, pot support, skillet, FluxRing cooking pot, and utensils make this a necessity for your next backpacking adventure. Includes fuel canister stabilizer; bottom cup doubles as a measuring cup and a bowl; easy to pack and carry at only 13.1 ounces.
Jetboil's Flash Cooking System is ideal for boiling water at speed. This system is designed for boiling rather than cooking and it does a great job of it. With a fairly low weight and built in internal igniter it is also practical for traveling with. The whole system and a small gas canister fit neatly inside the main pot while the insulated cover for this prevents damage in your pack.
The cooking cup has a super efficient FluxRing to allow the heat to spread across the cup and boil quickly. However, I did find that it struggles in the wind so you need to make sure it is well sheltered when you're using it outside. The insulated pot cover has a large, practical handle that make it easy to grip and move around but the highlight for me is the simple but amazingly effective colour changing heat indicator. The indicator changes red as the water comes to the boil which saves you guessing or constantly trying to look through the lid to see when it is boiling.
- Reviewed by Ultralight Outdoor Gear
- Boils water in a lightning-quick 100 seconds, making it the fastest Jetboil ever
- 1-liter FluxRing cooking cup with insulating cozy makes boiling water—and keeping it warm—a breeze
- Convenient, reliable pushbutton igniter starts heating instantly, and thermochromatic color-change heat indicator lets you know when water's ready
- Compatible with Jetboil accessories, such as a coffee press, hanging kit, pot support, skillet, Fluxing cooking pot, and utensils
- Compatible accessories include Coffee Press, Hanging Kit, Pot Support, Skillet, FluxRing Cooking Pot and Utensils
- Includes fuel canister stabilizer; bottom cup doubles as measuring cup and a bowl; easy to pack and carry at only 13.1 ounces
- One-year limited warranty
- Weight: 426g
- Power: 9000 BTU/h / 2.6 kW
- Volume: 1 Liter Tall
- Fuel regulator: No
- Group size: 1-2 people
- Boil time: 100sec per .5 liter (avg. over life of JetPower can)
- Water boiled: 10 liters per 100g JetPower Can
- Ignition type: Push button
- Dimensions (packed): 4.1 in x 7.1 in (104 mm x 180 mm)
Help and advice: