Hybrid-mapped ActiveIce and Ferrosi fabrics provide lightweight, breathable, and weather resistant protection with a dual attachment system for the most secure low-profile gaiter.
Outdoor Research says
Two of our lightest and most protective fabrics, hybrid-mapped into a gaiter for reliable defense against pesky rocks, dirt, and debris. ActiveIce™ technology actually cools you as you sweat, while providing UPF 50+ sun protection. Ferrosi fabric wards off wind and rain, and adds durability, stretch, and breathability for when you're moving fast in rugged terrain. The bottom of the gaiter is held securely by a dual attachment hypalon strap, along with a hook/loop attachment for the back of your shoe. You'll receive an extra pair of stick-on loops in the case that your trail runners don't come with that capability built in.
Outdoor Research's Ferrosi Hybrid Gaiters is a super stretchy and comfortable gaiter that is tougher than it looks. They use the classic Ferrosi soft shell fabric combined with the highly breathable ActiveIce fabric. They may not look like much, but they will keep out trail and weather debris thanks to their close fit and soft fabric.
Feature-wise, they have a small clip to attach to the laces/cord and a highly durable band that runs under your shoe and is removable. They come with a couple of sticky patches for your shoes so the heel can be attached to the Velcro on the rear. The performance of these gaiters is key with excellent breathability allowing you to stay comfortable a lot longer than traditional gaiters.
- Reviewed by Ultralight Outdoor Gear
- Fabric Performance: Water Resistant, Wind Resistant, Movement-Mirroring Stretch, Breathable, Lightweight, Abrasion Resistant, Quick Drying, UPF 50+
- Design Features: Shoelace Hook, Elastic Top Hem, Replaceable Hypalon Instep Strep, Loop Attachment Point at Center Back, Breathable Top Panel, Balancing Shockcord for Close Fit, Sold with Stick on Hook Tab to Attach to Your Current Trail Shoe
- Small/Medium pair weighs: 42g
- Large/XLarge pair weighs: 48g
- Fits: Trail Shoes
- bluesign® approved 86% Nylon, 14% Spandex, 90D Stretch Woven Ripstop at back ankle, 92% Recycled Polyester, 8% Elastane Knit Jersey at center front
Help and advice: