The Outdoor Research Crocodile Gaiter is a super tough, Gore-Tex, mountaineering and ice climbing gaiter that is designed for all extremes and abuses.
Outdoor Research says
SIMPLY THE BEST GAITERS ON THE MARKET Like their namesakes, “Crocs” have been around forever, they’re tough as nails and stand the test of time. The instep strap is now triple-bartacked BioThane® webbing, and an additional tab holds down the front opening. The fitted design and durable, waterproof fabrics are the standard for which all gaiters are judged.
By no means is the Outdoor Research Crocodile Gaiter the lightest gaiter we stock, in fact at 258g a pair they're one of the heaviest. But it's classic design, strong waterproof protection and tough fabric won us over. That and the fact they are designed to be so much tougher than our other gaiters.
They offer good boot coverage without being bulky so less likely to spike with your crampon points. If you do scratch them with a point then the tough Cordura boot sections should protect the gaiters from severe damage. The full length velcro closure ensures easy and quick access to laces and boots whilst out on the hill and the specially cut boot section provides a secure fit with leather hiking boots or plastic mountaineering boots.
- Reviewed by Ultralight Outdoor Gear
- Laminated Construction
- Durable BioThane® Instep Strap
- Abrasion- Resistant Cordura® at Inner Leg and Boot
- Abrasion-Resistant Lower Boot Lined with Packcloth
- Larger Circumference Accommodates Plastic Mountaineering Boots
- Double Stitched Front Closure
- Reinforced Boot Lace Hooks
- Hook/Loop Front Closure
- Buckle Top Closure
- Small pair weighs: 238g
- Medium pair weighs: 258g
- Large pair eighs: 270g
- XLarge pair weighs: 304g
- XXLarge pair weighs: 308g
- Fabric: GORE-TEX® 3L, 100% nylon, 70D plain weave leg panel, Cordura® 2L, 100% nylon, 1000D woven foot panel
Help and advice: