With a hybrid layer of air sprung cells the Comfort Light Insulated Mat offers great comfort, warmth and packability for all your outdoor and travel needs.
Sea to Summit says
The Comfort Light sleeping mats feature hybrid layer Air Sprung Cell™ technology - a double layer of high resolution cells in the torso for maximum comfort and insulation, and single layer of medium resolution cells in the head and legs for reduced weight. We use Exkin® Platinum, a quiet non-woven fabric, to reflect radiant heat loss back to the user and Thermolite® insulation to prevent convective heat loss between your body and the ground.
Sea to Summit's Comfort Light Insulated Sleeping Mats are some of the most technilogically advanced sleeping mats that we stock. Air sprung cells that mimic your mattress at home provide extreme comfort. This feels all the better when you realise that you're only carrying something that weighs 600 grams.
The integrated insulation means you are going to be able to use this mat across the year in the UK, you might need to beef it up in the dead of winter but other than that you'll be ready for anything the UK can throw at you.
The free pumpsack is always a blessing and you will inflate your mat in no time at all once you master the art of pumpsacking.
- Reviewed by Ultralight Outdoor Gear
- Air Sprung Cells™ conform to your body shape, providing a more even dispersion of pressure across the mattress for a more comfortable nights sleep
- Multi-function high flow-rate valve provides fast inflate, deflate and easy fine-tuning for personalised comfort
- Ultra-Fresh® anti-microbial treatment to the TPU formula to prevent internal mould growth
- Includes an Airstream™ Pump that is integrated into the stuff sack for quick and easy inflation
- Includes a repair kit for easy puncture repair in the field
- Included Pillow Lock™ system attaches Sea to Summit pillows to mat
- Weighs: 604g (excludes bag/pumpsack)
- Airstream pumpsack/storage bag weighs: 54g
- Dimensions: 184 x 55 x 6.3cm
- Packed size: 11 x 23cm
- ASTM R-Value: 3.7
From 2020, there is a new industry standard for measuring the R-value (level of insulation) of sleeping mats – ASTM F3340-18. This new standard is the sleeping mat equivalent to the EN rating for sleeping bags.
You can now directly compare the R-value of mats rated using the ASTM F3340-18 with confidence that is a fair and accurate comparison between mats. In simple terms, the higher the R-value, the warmer the mat.
In general terms, an R-value below 2.0 is for summer use, 2.0 to 4.0 is for cooler 3 season use and 4.0+ is for winter temperatures. This will be also be dependent on your sleeping bag, how cold you sleep etc. Please contact our customer service team if you need advice on choosing the right mat for your activity.